Just off September 25th, 7 night MERAVIGLIA - ask away!

CampNCruise74

3 hours ago, ESCARGO said:

Hi!

Did MSC offer a bus from PC port to Olando airport at the end of the cruise?

I'm doing a B2B2B for New Years and I'm trying to get organized. 🥺

Thanks, Ted

Hey Ted, Currently the Meraviglia is in Miami, which is the port we sailed from,  but I think they are moving to PC soon when the Seashore comes to Miami in November.  I'm not sure about a bus shuttle like Disney does to their boats from Orlando, but I haven't heard of them doing anything like that.  Have fun on that awesome holiday time cruise!

8 hours ago, Tropicalgurl said:

Hi,

Wanted to find out bout the entertainment. Did they have Opera, and the 70,80's party? And what other entertainment?

No to the Opera show, although they have a M/F singer that could fill that part if they did a show like that; both had very powerful voices.   They did the 80s party, but it was a bust.  The DJ at the 80s party was no bueno.  He actually played two songs that I had never heard before which I thought was impossible.  I sat with some new friends and drank until 2 am instead.   The best one was the silent disco  ( with a different DJ) where one wears the headphones and tunes into channel of your choice and then dances!.  It is very cool and is very early on in the cruise so don't miss it.   To observers it looks wacky, to participants, its very unique, and very fun!   Daytime master chef at sea was one day where they take 3 audience members.  The host guy was funny and it was something different and nice to do one afternoon. 

Thanks for all the info.  It sounds like you had a great cruise.

We are taking our granddaughters (aged 2 &4 so unvaccinated) on MSC in November.  I am arranging tests for prior to the cruise. Not sure if we need one to disembark from the cruise in Miami.

Did you have to get a COVID test to disembark at the end of the cruise?

40 minutes ago, goldiemom said:

Thanks for all the info.  It sounds like you had a great cruise.

We are taking our granddaughters (aged 2 &4 so unvaccinated) on MSC in November.  I am arranging tests for prior to the cruise. Not sure if we need one to disembark from the cruise in Miami.

Did you have to get a COVID test to disembark at the end of the cruise?

No problem, we got my 6yo done at cvs and it was kind of a hassle.  He had a pcr and it turns out they didn't release his result to MY mychart.   I had to call them the day before the cruise and get them to do a virtual fax result to me since I was already travelling and then printed it.  I booked that test as soon as the two week advance widow opened.  They will swab the kids at the gate and then swab them at the end with the antigen tests too.  The test to get off seemed like more of a go through the motions kind of thing.  No tests for us though, being vaccinated on board or to get off. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, CampNCruise74 said:

No to the Opera show, although they have a M/F singer that could fill that part if they did a show like that; both had very powerful voices.   They did the 80s party, but it was a bust.  The DJ at the 80s party was no bueno.  He actually played two songs that I had never heard before which I thought was impossible.  I sat with some new friends and drank until 2 am instead.   The best one was the silent disco  ( with a different DJ) where one wears the headphones and tunes into channel of your choice and then dances!.  It is very cool and is very early on in the cruise so don't miss it.   To observers it looks wacky, to participants, its very unique, and very fun!   Daytime master chef at sea was one day where they take 3 audience members.  The host guy was funny and it was something different and nice to do one afternoon. 

I was on the Meraviglia in 2019 b4 Covid for Thanksgiving, and the silent disco was held in the theater where Cirque was performed…glad you had a great time…didn’t enjoy it due to not a lot of room to dance in the theater and had been on the NCL Bliss the year b4, where they had an area built just for the silent disco.. and was setup whereas the music came from the diff areas as you moved around the room..it was really fun.. had I not don’t it on the Bliss to know what to expect.. probably would have had a diff opinion..

Thanks so much for all the info you provided.. the 80’s party they had b4 the Covid was a blast.. they had it in the promenade with screen in the ceiling showing dif 70’s 80’s stuff..

On 10/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, Tropicalgurl said:

I was on the Meraviglia in 2019 b4 Covid for Thanksgiving, and the silent disco was held in the theater where Cirque was performed…glad you had a great time…didn’t enjoy it due to not a lot of room to dance in the theater and had been on the NCL Bliss the year b4, where they had an area built just for the silent disco.. and was setup whereas the music came from the diff areas as you moved around the room..it was really fun.. had I not don’t it on the Bliss to know what to expect.. probably would have had a diff opinion..

Thanks so much for all the info you provided.. the 80’s party they had b4 the Covid was a blast.. they had it in the promenade with screen in the ceiling showing dif 70’s 80’s stuff..

Your welcome!  Actually rain brought is in off the back deck and into the tv studio and bar which was a great place for silent disco.  Much better and cooler and drier then out back.  I liked the dimmer lights and dance floor club atmosphere in there too..   they should always do it there imo.  

I think that would be a good place for eighties too.   The bar being close was a plus.  

16 minutes ago, misguy said:

On the Dining plan could you choose from any item on the specialty restaurant menus?  Or was it a limited menu with upcharges on most items?

We bought the "Trypic" plan which was three restaurants before sailing for Butcher's, Kaito Sushi, and Ocean Kay.  They have a menu where you choose from usually and app, entree, and dessert.  The choices have a nice offering.  (See my Sept 29th posting) in this thread for 2/3 menus for those.  You will see your options on the first few pages there.  If you buy the plan ahead I am pretty sure you can avoid the service fee of 17 or 18% whichever it is.  If you go to Butchers, and you are adventurous, try the app with goat cheese and blueberries.   Very yummy and different.    I would usually order an additional appetizer for the table too since prices are reasonable.    Note, one day my wife didn't want to go to the Ocean Kay restaurant so I just took my daughter.   They said if I wanted to, I could come back another day and use her meal for myself which is what I did...  just went one day for lunch there and enjoyed the ahi tuna by myself.  Also try to book your reservations the first day for all three.  Very important.   

Has anyone had any problems getting their Covid results within the allotted time?  My husband, prior to getting the shot last week, has to provide negative results by Monday to his HR or he can't work.  He gets them done on Fridays.  There are times he doesn't get them until Monday.  We realize it is the weekend and testing takes longer but my concern is getting the results in time to board.

1 hour ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Has anyone had any problems getting their Covid results within the allotted time?  My husband, prior to getting the shot last week, has to provide negative results by Monday to his HR or he can't work.  He gets them done on Fridays.  There are times he doesn't get them until Monday.  We realize it is the weekend and testing takes longer but my concern is getting the results in time to board.

I would think since he just got the shot he has been doing the more in depth PCR tests for unvaccinated people, which take longer to get results.  Now that he  has the shot he can get the anitgen one to get on board which is a quicker test, sometimes takes just minutes... 

Fully vaccinated groups enter into a different side of the terminal in Miami and it seems it has been very quick for them to get on and let their vacation start.   Families with unvaccinated children go to another side where it takes a while longer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CampNCruise74 said:

I would think since he just got the shot he has been doing the more in depth PCR tests for unvaccinated people, which take longer to get results.  Now that he  has the shot he can get the anitgen one to get on board which is a quicker test, sometimes takes just minutes... 

Fully vaccinated groups enter into a different side of the terminal in Miami and it seems it has been very quick for them to get on and let their vacation start.   Families with unvaccinated children go to another side where it takes a while longer.

Thank you for the information in regards to the antigen tests.  He still has to get 2 more tests until his shot has reached the 2 week mark.  I will have him get the antigen test and see how long that takes.