Viking Travel Insurance - Covid Coverages

Australia08

2 hours ago, Australia08 said:

I’m sure this has been discussed before, but if one purchases the Viking Insurance, does it cover the quarantine hotel costs if such an event occurs. I’ve used the Viking Insurance before but not since Covid. 

From Viking's Health and Safety Program FAQs - 

Health & Safety FAQ | Viking Ocean Cruises (vikingcruises.com)

Yes, our Travel Protection Plan helps protect you from many unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, which could include necessary medical, quarantine or repatriation expenses related to COVID-19.

Edited by JeriGail
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

From Viking's Health and Safety Program FAQs - 

Health & Safety FAQ | Viking Ocean Cruises (vikingcruises.com)

Yes, our Travel Protection Plan helps protect you from many unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, which could include necessary medical, quarantine or repatriation expenses related to COVID-19.

Thanks. I should have read more carefully!  

4 hours ago, Australia08 said:

I’m sure this has been discussed before, but if one purchases the Viking Insurance, does it cover the quarantine hotel costs if such an event occurs. I’ve used the Viking Insurance before but not since Covid. 

Here is a link to the latest plan documents for the Viking insurance.

https://www.tripmate.com/plan/print_certificate/FDE9C212-AB06-4DAE-AEAA-94130284C59B

26 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Here is a link to the latest plan documents for the Viking insurance.

https://www.tripmate.com/plan/print_certificate/FDE9C212-AB06-4DAE-AEAA-94130284C59B

Thanks for posting this. I’m having trouble finding anything specific about Coverages for Covid specific interruptions, such as coverage of quarantine hotel costs. I used a different insurance over the summer that spelled out how they covered for everything Covid related. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Australia08 said:

Thanks for posting this. I’m having trouble finding anything specific about Coverages for Covid specific interruptions, such as coverage of quarantine hotel costs. I used a different insurance over the summer that spelled out how they covered for everything Covid related. Am I missing something?

The FAQ mentions quarantine, medical, and repatriation expenses.  Neither the link above nor the link from Tripmate's site works for me.  They both say, "Something went wrong."

3 hours ago, Australia08 said:

I spent most of a day finding and researching the plan documents. I concur that it does not specifically and clearly mention that quarantine expenses are covered.

Based on the definition of "End" and the Viking FAQ, I have included in my notes that quarantine expenses "should" be covered, but no guarantee. I can't access the tripmate website at present, but my notes indicate that coverage ends - upon cancellation, return home or complete the trip. Based on the Viking FAQ statement that quarantine costs are covered, I would argue than in quarantine we have not completed the trip, nor have we arrived home, so the coverage is still valid.

I would further argue that quarantine is a "Trip Interuption", which is covered. The definitions of trip interuption is similar to trip cancellation, which includes quarantine. (again all based on my notes, as I can't access the website at present.)

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

The FAQ mentions quarantine, medical, and repatriation expenses.  Neither the link above nor the link from Tripmate's site works for me.  They both say, "Something went wrong."

Tripmate website seems to be down at present, as I also can't access it.

10 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

I spent most of a day finding and researching the plan documents. I concur that it does not specifically and clearly mention that quarantine expenses are covered.

Based on the definition of "End" and the Viking FAQ, I have included in my notes that quarantine expenses "should" be covered, but no guarantee. I can't access the tripmate website at present, but my notes indicate that coverage ends - upon cancellation, return home or complete the trip. Based on the Viking FAQ statement that quarantine costs are covered, I would argue than in quarantine we have not completed the trip, nor have we arrived home, so the coverage is still valid.

I would further argue that quarantine is a "Trip Interuption", which is covered. The definitions of trip interuption is similar to trip cancellation, which includes quarantine. (again all based on my notes, as I can't access the website at present.)

That’s how I interpret it also. Just wanted your thoughts since I know you are planning to use it for your upcoming trip. Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

• Like 1