Well, at least Princess is now being somewhat proactive by notifying us about problems with the Medallion App

CineGraphic

1 minute ago, hpeabody said:

they removed all pre-cruise "stuff" from the website and made it all dependent on the oh so wonderful App.  Some of us can not even use the App because of the phone restrictions they made.

That's really the problem. The medallion itself is fine - it does do something new for you (opens your cabin door without having to swipe), and aside from that it's just a slightly different shaped cruise card. The problem, as you say, is the incredibly stupid decision to force you to use the app for pre-cruise data entry, instead of the website (which has been working fine for years). Princess/Carnival's IT Management Team really should be ashamed of themselves for that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Agree with you totally.  It has been a hot mess since the beginning and just gets worse and worse.  I think the whole medallion thing has been huge mistake, especially that they removed all pre-cruise "stuff" from the website and made it all dependent on the oh so wonderful App.  Some of us can not even use the App because of the phone restrictions they made.

They think it is progress.🤦‍♂️😒

• Haha 1

A little different perspective here... Having used DMW in August, we thought it was wonderful.  We could decide in the afternoon whether we wanted to go to the Dining Room or do Specialty Dining and use the MedallionClass App to make reservations for whatever time we wanted.  In previous years, we would have had to wait on hold for the Dining Line and probably be told that time was not available, but we could dine at 5PM.  So when it works, which it did flawlessly for us, we loved it!

I do agree that they should have left a backup on Princess.com for these growing pains.

It's clearly having some kind of problem now, but most new programs or apps so.  Give them time to sort it out and for you to try it out, and I think you will see the advantages.

5 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I got the email.  Yesterday DMW was there and I was able to make selection for just booked 4 day cruise and my following cruise was all still there.  IIRC it showed "shared" but I don't remember seeing a number of persons.  Just now, I went to look and I get a message something like DINE MY WAY IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE, TRY AGAIN LATER.

Well, at least we know they are working on DMW.

I've seen that message for quite a while.  We really don't know what they are working on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tellis90245 said:

"DINE MY WAY IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE, TRY AGAIN LATER"

This is actually better than what I have had, which is an infinite time of DMW "loading", and an eventual timeout of the app. At least now they admit it isn't working.

I read somewhere, I think FB, that they were reinstating some things, in particular the dining, on a new desktop version and that its launching sometime in October.  Vague, yes but maybe?