Celebrity pushed final payment to 60 days

loving goldens

Mine isn't so much about $$ in the bank but more about time to decide if we are going to commit to the sailing/flights we have booked. 

Speaking of flights, I wonder if our final payment/cancellation terms for our Celebrity flights we have attached to our reservation will also extend to the new final payment - cancel without penalty date.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

Mine isn't so much about $$ in the bank but more about time to decide if we are going to commit to the sailing/flights we have booked. 

Speaking of flights, I wonder if our final payment/cancellation terms for our Celebrity flights we have attached to our reservation will also extend to the new final payment - cancel without penalty date.  

As Celebrity bases its flight sales on payment not being due until cruise final payment, I think that they'd have a hard time trying to collect at the 90-day mark instead of the revised 60-day due date. That said, I've not seen it in writing from Celebrity.

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As Celebrity bases its flight sales on payment not being due until cruise final payment, I think that they'd have a hard time trying to collect at the 90-day mark instead of the revised 60-day due date. That said, I've not seen it in writing from Celebrity.

I agree with that train of thought.  I have not seen anything in writing about any of the final payment adjustments.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

Is that also change for cruises longer than 9 nights ? 
do you have a link ? 

I just received an email that says this:

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.  Before we depart, we have some important information to share. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are committed to continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.  You may expect to receive full details on our latest health and safety protocols closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials.

We are also pleased to advise that we’ve adjusted your final payment terms to allow additionally flexibility for everyone in your travelling party as you finalize your vacation plans.  For all sailings departing between December 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022, final payment will not be due until 60 days prior to your cruise departure.  This means you’ll have an additional 30 days to make your final payment.  No action is needed on your part to benefit from this extension in final payment date.

We hope these adjustment in payment terms give you a little extra peace of mind as you get ready for your vacation.  The Celebrity Cruises family is ready to show you the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.  

Sincerely,  

Celebrity Cruises 

58 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I just received an email that says this:

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.  Before we depart, we have some important information to share. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are committed to continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.  You may expect to receive full details on our latest health and safety protocols closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials.

We are also pleased to advise that we’ve adjusted your final payment terms to allow additionally flexibility for everyone in your travelling party as you finalize your vacation plans.  For all sailings departing between December 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022, final payment will not be due until 60 days prior to your cruise departure.  This means you’ll have an additional 30 days to make your final payment.  No action is needed on your part to benefit from this extension in final payment date.

We hope these adjustment in payment terms give you a little extra peace of mind as you get ready for your vacation.  The Celebrity Cruises family is ready to show you the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.  

Sincerely,  

Celebrity Cruises 

I received this as well.   I assume they are doing this as they are getting a number of cancellations due to the current rules and they are hoping to be able to give more clarity/flexibility  in the near future.   I am sure this is partly related to the new rules for entry into the US.  Currently, the UK is completely shut of of US cruising. Hopefully, it may also address those mixed vaccine people as well.

• Like 1