Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.

welldone60

9 minutes ago, welldone60 said:

Has anyone had experience using this test for Carnival. Having a hard time finding a local rapid test or 24 hour test for travel. Tried all the local pharmacy's and EM centers, all say 2-5 days.

Thanks for any info.

It’s our plan for the 10/4 sunshine sailing.  Fingers crossed!  Watched lots of YouTube videos… good luck!!

A2A2269F-FE30-494F-B8FA-EED7959466A0.thumb.png.aac57b89939141ee3abb3dea54cc8e98.pngWe are on the Carnival Pride right now. We used the Binax Now test - just be sure it's the one where they will monitor you online while you take the test. You may want to have an extra test available just in case you mess up the test somehow or the test itself has something wrong.  We did three in a row, and had no problems, but we had a couple of extra tests as a precaution. One man made a video and he accidentally knocked the card to the floor - ruining his initial test. Luckily, he had an extra.

Edited by sweetalyssum
Add photo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, welldone60 said:

Has anyone had experience using this test for Carnival. Having a hard time finding a local rapid test or 24 hour test for travel. Tried all the local pharmacy's and EM centers, all say 2-5 days.

Thanks for any info.

Ordered our online through Emed, arrived in 4 days and just took it this morning for our cruise on Saturday, very easy walked us through it and we used our iPads.  Printed out the results. Just be prepared that the camera does switch from front to back but they are very patient when conducting the test.  Now hitting the road

• Like 1

10 hours ago, welldone60 said:

Thanks for any info.

I just now completed my BinaxNOW Home test for our cruise on Saturday 10/2.  I was REALLY nervous about doing it on my phone with the NAVICA App.  The only problem I had was with the audio.  But, they kept passing me to other TeleHealth personnel until I finally got one with good audio.  I received my results 5 minutes after the completion of the test by email and also a digital copy on the NAVICA app.  I will use it again! I love that you can do it 24/7.  The whole process took less than 30 minutes.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, martinchem said:

Does the document need to be printed or can you just show Carnival the digital results on a phone?

Some people have just showed them the results on the phone.  Most people are printing them because of the ease of it and you don't have to worry about technology somehow messing up.

• Like 1

My daughter and I did the home test this morning at 7:00 a.m. before we went to work.  It was very easy.  I used a small tabletop tripod (bought at Amazon for about $10) and my Samsung Galaxy.  I was very nervous about the technology side of things.  I was worried about something going wrong.  They do a check beforehand for audio, camera, internet connect, ect.  Also, I think doing it early in the morning was the best because there was no wait time.   We connected to a person with 1 minute.  Results were immediatly sent to my email and to the app.    I hope this helps!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd prefer to print the documents, but we'll be driving a couple days before the cruise. I figure we'll end up doing the Emed test in a hotel, but feel uncomfortable using their printing service, if available. I also don't want to find a facility enroute and still printing could be an issue. Good to know we could show on a phone, I can snapshot the document and email just in case we loose connectivity at the terminal, this way it'll be backed up to a tablet too. Thank you for your responses.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ga123 said:

My daughter and I did the home test this morning at 7:00 a.m. before we went to work.  It was very easy.  I used a small tabletop tripod (bought at Amazon for about $10) and my Samsung Galaxy.  I was very nervous about the technology side of things.  I was worried about something going wrong.  They do a check beforehand for audio, camera, internet connect, ect.  Also, I think doing it early in the morning was the best because there was no wait time.   We connected to a person with 1 minute.  Results were immediatly sent to my email and to the app.    I hope this helps!  

I'm quoting your response but anyone can answer.  

I'm cruising at the end of October and have already ordered these tests (they've already been delivered).  I did this so that I don't have to stress about finding a testing location/having the results back in time.  There are 2 of us that will have to be tested.  Once the first person is done, do you have to "hang up" and initiate a new call or will the one telehealth person test the both of you?

18 minutes ago, TechDiva said:

I'm quoting your response but anyone can answer.  

I'm cruising at the end of October and have already ordered these tests (they've already been delivered).  I did this so that I don't have to stress about finding a testing location/having the results back in time.  There are 2 of us that will have to be tested.  Once the first person is done, do you have to "hang up" and initiate a new call or will the one telehealth person test the both of you?

You have to hang up and start a new session for the second person.  

• Like 1

I've used these test for two cruises now.  They've worked perfectly every time.  If using your phone to test, I recommend you either use a tripod or have someone else around that can hold the phone for you.  The test proctor needs to see you and the test kit simultaneously while testing.  It's nearly impossible to hold the phone and conduct the test at the same time. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Ordered our online through Emed, arrived in 4 days and just took it this morning for our cruise on Saturday, very easy walked us through it and we used our iPads.  Printed out the results. Just be prepared that the camera does switch from front to back but they are very patient when conducting the test.  Now hitting the road

probably a dumb question but when using your iPad could you leave it in the horizontal position or did you have to turn it vertically to be seen?

And can you clarify a bit about the camera switching back and forth and what you had to do to fix it?

I am just a little concerned about how do it and I wanted to have my ducks in a row before connecting to Emed….

Just completed our three today for Saturday's sailing -- it was easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy. Two of us used MacBook Airs and one used a Surface Tablet.

It's a really great way to test and I'll definitely be using it again. 

• Like 1

The link Carnival provided to the Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test is for a two pack. 

That means my wife and I could order the two pack and both test correct? 

I ask because a friend who used this said the telehealth rep asks if you are "the owner of the kit".  If you are not you can't use it. The person who made the purchase is "the owner" so either I would be the owner of both kits or my wife would be the owner of both. 

This sounds like a really stupid question but this testing crap is stressful. I don't want to find out two days before my cruise that all of the prep work I have done is worthless over a technicality. 

• Like 1

Everyone that has bought it has been able to use it for families. I bought the 6-pack and will use it for me, my wife, and my daughter. Just be prepared to test elsewhere in case one is invalid or you drop it or something. Without a spare, everything has to work.

I just called Optum where I ordered the 3 test pack on Sept 29 and still have not received it.

They are going to get back to me within 48hrs...ughh

I asked her just to make sure "This 3 test package can be used by all 3 of us traveling, correct?" and she said "yes".

My husband and I ordered a 2 pack for a trip to Italy last month and did not have a problem. The tests arrived together but were separately packaged. 

Just make sure you DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE until you are on line with the representative who will watch you open it. 

When we ordered it, it asked us who the test was for. We listed our two names. Since we ordered and received the kits, we added our daughter to the trip. She is not registered and cannot test from the kits we got as her name was not listed on the order. She has a local appointment to get tested. As do we, btw, as a backup. 

Edited by cruizinisthebest

40 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

When we ordered it, it asked us who the test was for. We listed our two names. Since we ordered and received the kits, we added our daughter to the trip. She is not registered and cannot test from the kits we got as her name was not listed on the order. She has a local appointment to get tested. As do we, btw, as a backup. 

Ok now this has me worried. I only listed my name, not my husband's name.  Is this a problem?  I ordered the 2 pack.  We won't be taking it together.  I plan to take mine when I first wake up 2 days before sailing, before I head to the office.  He won't take his until later in the morning.....

1 hour ago, cruizinisthebest said:

Did you order from Optum? I don't see options to list multiple people. It asks if its for you or not. That's just on the questions to see if you're eligible. It doesn't ask for a name. The the only place it has you put a name in is on the shipping address page.