Change sailing date anyone $?

helene109

I might have to change my sailing date in May on the Horizon. Won’t know for another day. So bummed as all of the coves are gone. Switching from ABC itinerary to the other itinerary with Amber Cove. Just wondering if there is a way around the fees. I have 2 rooms booked. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The way most have been doing is to wait for protocols for that month to br announced and then saying they cant meet them so they can reschedule free.

Otherwise standard penalties 

The sailing that I need to change to doesn’t have much availability. Tough decision. Thanks 

13 minutes ago, helene109 said:

The sailing that I need to change to doesn’t have much availability. Tough decision. Thanks 

I got my sept 2022 on rcl I decided I want to change. My vista cruise a small cat 1 hurricane went through Galveston and I see paint knicks on my car and decided no more early sept cruises.

Cant move it without losing my deposit. Idk .. not many good choices..  .vancouver to hawaii x 3, New Jersey, ft Lauderdale.. but ports I could more easily fly to. 

I just changed my mind, it's not that I cant. And the price isnt great.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got my sept 2022 on rcl I decided I want to change. My vista cruise a small cat 1 hurricane went through Galveston and I see paint knicks on my car and decided no more early sept cruises.

Cant move it without losing my deposit. Idk .. not many good choices..  .vancouver to hawaii x 3, New Jersey, ft Lauderdale.. but ports I could more easily fly to. 

I just changed my mind, it's not that I cant. And the price isnt great.

Oh wow! I believe it’s $100 per cabin to change it.

56 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I was able to change a cruise from the Magic to the Mardi Gras (one day earlier) a few weeks ago.  No penalty, money moved, OBC retained.  It is worth a call to ask, once you know for sure.

Great to hear! There is hope! When are you going? I will be curious as to what you think? We were on it August!

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

Great to hear! There is hope! When are you going? I will be curious as to what you think? We were on it August!

I made the change while we were still on the Mardi Gras September 4-11.  Emailed my PVP on the one day we had internet, before we even got off the ship.  It was in the top three of 65 cruises, probably number one.  We loved the multiple dining options, the multiple choices for live music and comedy shows every night, and especially Center Stage.  We stopped as we were walking by a few times, but mostly got there in time to get our favorite seats for shows and the Center Stage band.  They were great, the violinists were great, the Backyard band was great.  Celestial Strings was the best show we have ever seen on a ship.  And then there was the roller coaster and the infinity pools.  I guess you can tell what a good time we had 😂.  The only thing we weren’t crazy about was the cabin, but it didn’t affect our enjoyment of the cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I made the change while we were still on the Mardi Gras September 4-11.  Emailed my PVP on the one day we had internet, before we even got off the ship.  It was in the top three of 65 cruises, probably number one.  We loved the multiple dining options, the multiple choices for live music and comedy shows every night, and especially Center Stage.  We stopped as we were walking by a few times, but mostly got there in time to get our favorite seats for shows and the Center Stage band.  They were great, the violinists were great, the Backyard band was great.  Celestial Strings was the best show we have ever seen on a ship.  And then there was the roller coaster and the infinity pools.  I guess you can tell what a good time we had 😂.  The only thing we weren’t crazy about was the cabin, but it didn’t affect our enjoyment of the cruise.

I did like the pools in the back. Lots of places to eat. I thought it was missing something maybe a theater.

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

I did like the pools in the back. Lots of places to eat. I thought it was missing something maybe a theater.

Are you sure you didn’t just miss it 😂.  I never did find Street Eats, although I intended to try the Philly Cheesesteak fries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Are you sure you didn’t just miss it 😂.  I never did find Street Eats, although I intended to try the Philly Cheesesteak fries.

Yes I think it should have had a theater! When it rained and we just ate. Even the thrill theater would have been great! Street eats was by the pool nothing spectacular. Fries every day with something different on them. I was glad we tried the ship. So glad it wasn’t at full capacity.

3 hours ago, helene109 said:

I might have to change my sailing date in May on the Horizon. Won’t know for another day. So bummed as all of the coves are gone. Switching from ABC itinerary to the other itinerary with Amber Cove. Just wondering if there is a way around the fees. I have 2 rooms booked. Thanks!

Since your booking is so far out-even for final payment-would you be able to just cancel, without any fees or penalties, and just book a new cruise? (It may depend on the rate you booked it?) Hope it all works out for you, in your favor.)

• Thanks 1