Anti-theft camera ideas?

Twitchly

I posted this question over in the photography forum, but it doesn’t get much action. 

I plan to bring my small point-and-shoot mirrorless camera (Canon G1X III) on our cruise. I’m looking for a crossbody case for it that has some anti-theft features. Any ideas? If you bring a camera beyond just your phone, how do you carry it to discourage thieves? What case do you use?

Edited by Twitchly

5 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

I posted this question over in the photography forum, but it doesn’t get much action. 

I plan to bring my small point-and-shoot mirrorless camera (Canon G1X III) on our cruise. I’m looking for a crossbody case for it that has some anti-theft features. Any ideas? If you bring a camera beyond just your phone, how do you carry it to discourage thieves? What case do you use?

This site might have what you're looking for:

https://pacsafe.com

We have purchased a few things from pacsafe over the years and we think they're pretty high quality.

Edited by millybess
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

I have a small case for my point and shoot that has a strong loop on the back that I pass my belt through when I'm out. Easy to unzip the case and pull the camera, hard for someone to swipe the whole thing. Not bulletproof, but I've never experienced a problem. 🍺🥌

image.thumb.png.1e1ee116107c1b36109ed8611002d37f.png

Edited by CurlerRob
Photo attachment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, millybess said:

This site might have what you're looking for:

https://pacsafe.com

We have purchased a few things from pacsafe over the years and we think they're pretty high quality.

Thanks - I was looking for something like a safer camera bag too and looked at the cross body bags.  One of these might work for a camera:

Crossbody Bags – Pacsafe

• Like 1

I would suggest a bag from PacSafe that can be worn like you are looking for. And I would suggest Peak Designs "Cuff" for your mirrorless camera. I have both the Cuff that I use with my Sony A6500/A6400/A6000 mirrorless bodies, and the Clutch that I used when I shot with the larger DSLR cameras I use to own. IMHO the Clutch is too bulky to use with a mirrorless camera,

• Like 1

Great suggestions, thanks, everyone.

Just got the PacSafe Metrosafe LS100, and I think it’s going to work well. https://pacsafe.com/collections/metrosafe-ls-classics/products/metrosafe-ls100-anti-theft-crossbody-bag?variant=40891427520712 It won’t win any beauty awards, but it’s probably more important that it be unobtrusive. (I bought the black version instead of the gray, which I thought was prettier but more noticeable.) It’s also a little larger than I actually need, but definitely not a large bag overall. And the main section is padded, which is ideal for my camera. 

I also bought the cuff from Peak Design. I use their camera straps and think they’re fantastic. The cuff seems like a great idea. And it will work with my Nikon Z7, too.

So that’s taken care of! Now to find a good travel wallet for DH …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

Great suggestions, thanks, everyone.

Just got the PacSafe Metrosafe LS100, and I think it’s going to work well. https://pacsafe.com/collections/metrosafe-ls-classics/products/metrosafe-ls100-anti-theft-crossbody-bag?variant=40891427520712 It won’t win any beauty awards, but it’s probably more important that it be unobtrusive. (I bought the black version instead of the gray, which I thought was prettier but more noticeable.) It’s also a little larger than I actually need, but definitely not a large bag overall. And the main section is padded, which is ideal for my camera. 

I also bought the cuff from Peak Design. I use their camera straps and think they’re fantastic. The cuff seems like a great idea. And it will work with my Nikon Z7, too.

So that’s taken care of! Now to find a good travel wallet for DH …

That's the same one we have.  We get a lot of use out of it and it definitely feels secure whether it's across your body, around your waist or around a chair leg.  

As far as a travel wallet goes, DH got a nice one from CAA (AAA in the States) a few years ago, but it doesn't have RFID so he will be on the hunt for another soon.  Any assistance there would be appreciated.