Observations From The Poop Deck (Revisited)

morpheusofthesea

13 minutes ago, brownc424 said:

Any idea how the price compared to buying it at a normal electronics store?

No. Please do not tell me. The OBC is use it or lose it. Others use it for gambling or tips, etc. Someone on these boards compiled a list of 300 uses for OBC. This is our second 13" computer this year. The other is still sitting unopened, along with 2 Ipads (unopened and a third we gifted to our TA). Perhaps I should open up a ILounge kiosk ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From my vantage point on my balcony I tried to get a photo of the balcony situated above the Captain's bridge. It is just part of the terrace connected to the Iconic suite. At lunch in the Luminae we saw a bikini clad sun bather with a more mature gentlemen admiring the view from this terrace on the port side. Pictured below is the starboard side. I am relieved that the Iconic is truly occupied and my bid was out bid. 

IMG_1262.jpg

Love reading your posts and pictures from the suite. Hopefully we get into a suite one of these days with the money we’re saving from not travelling. Would like to experience Luminae and Retreat area. Enjoy your cruise. Are you booked again for next month?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Are you booked again for next month?

Yes. Hopefully doing the Thanksgiving sailing on the Equinox in a PS suite 1292/385 sq ft. We were booked on the Reflection, but while waiting in the Retreat Lounge (Equinox) on the August 1, 2021 sailing to disembark, we were privy to some staff scuttlebutt. We were asked if we would be returning anytime soon to the Equinox and DW said we were booked on the Reflection for Thanksgiving. The reply was "Good luck, it might be delayed in sailing. It is being used by Celebrity as the go to ship for all new and returning staff and crew. They are being vaccinated and quarantined and then the CDC allows Celebrity to move these staff and crew out to all the other ships in the fleet without further quarantining." So we got home and called our TA to transfer us (Lift and Shift) us back to the Equinox. Maybe it was a diabolical plan to get us back aboard ? I very much doubt it. But Reflection still might be sailing as planned. We just did not want to take a chance on losing out on another sold out Retreat sailing on a vessel already sailing. We rebooked the Reflection for next year.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

From my vantage point on my balcony I tried to get a photo of the balcony situated above the Captain's bridge. It is just part of the terrace connected to the Iconic suite. At lunch in the Luminae we saw a bikini clad sun bather with a more mature gentlemen admiring the view from this terrace on the port side. Pictured below is the starboard side. I am relieved that the Iconic is truly occupied and my bid was out bid. 

Port side is definitely occupied. On Saturday evening's departure the webcam did a kinda creepy extended zoom-in of who I presume is the same bikini clad lady. 

• Haha 1

Took a short 37 second video of the three story Eden enclave at the back of the ship. Might have to upload it when back home. What is telling in the video is how empty of guests at 2 pm in the afternoon.  What is nice are the wrap around deck with chairs and lounges, ceiling to floor glass enclosed and airconditioned quiet spots to read and nap.

Pictured below is the open kitchen Eden Restaurant. Took these this afternoon after lunch in Luminae, had the black forest cake in a sundae dish for dessert before going over to Oceanview Cafe for Greek pastry afternoon. Could not resist a stop for one slice roasted lamb and a lamb kabob. By the time we finished our second lunch , we did not make it to the Eden Sandwich station for the brownie. Timing is everything when one is on a cruise.

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

I am loving your review and pictures.  Was Eden cafe open for embarkation lunch, or just Luminae and Oceanview?

Please keep up your brilliant writing and the wonderful pictures.  You are sure helping us build excitement for our turn on Saturday.

Edited by Kidd
  • Thanks 1

Luminae is in flux. Depending on sailing and how many Retreat passengers are sailing. Last cruise on Edge Luminae was closed while in port for lunch. Our waiter told us there is a possibility that it will be open while in ports this cruise. It still has not been decided. Luminae manager has had to refuse any zeniths this cruise from dining in this venue due to the overbooked status of the Retreat. Service has been great. The Oceanview is not busy always plenty of tables and social distancing is being practiced. The hardest thing I have had to do on this ship is open the aluminum water bottles.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I asked the authority in this cabin and she said "No, Eden was not open for lunch on embarkation day. Only Luminae and Oceanview." We did both.thanks to you and 

45 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I asked the authority in this cabin and she said "No, Eden was not open for lunch on embarkation day. Only Luminae and Oceanview." We did both.

Thank You and “the authority” for your answer.

We are planning on enjoying every single moment!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

No. Please do not tell me. The OBC is use it or lose it. Others use it for gambling or tips, etc. Someone on these boards compiled a list of 300 uses for OBC. This is our second 13" computer this year. The other is still sitting unopened, along with 2 Ipads (unopened and a third we gifted to our TA). Perhaps I should open up a ILounge kiosk ?

Don't they sell camera and GoPros?

Also asked tonight about if Luminae would be open for lunch in ports. Found out how it is determined. Very logical approach. If the ship gets in late to port, say 11:30 am then Luminae would be open for lunch. But since it arrives early like 7,8,or 9 am, then no Luminae lunch. I am very happy with the selection of desserts in the Oceanview to 'tide me over' until dinner.

Got a little more scuttlebutt this morning. The first sailing of the Celebrity Reflection might be Nov 13, 2021. It's present function as quarantine ship for returning staff and crew will be replaced by the Celebrity Eclipse. Key West will be on the itinerary of the Reflection, despite  voters of Key West.  And the Solstice will begin cruises in Alaska in June 2022. This just may be 'old' news to many.

23 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

... or gift to a few of your most favourite CC posters!!! LOL

Thank you for the blog and bon voyage

• Thanks 1