Nespresso machine

Russiamomm

18 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

These Nespresso machines also make regular coffee and not just expresso.  Does anyone know if it’s really good coffee though?  It seems to me that the French press would be better?

I only use it for espresso.  How good it is all depends on the pods you use.  A good quality pod will give you a good shot.  I love regular coffee too, but the Nespresso is a whole lot easier to make than a French press coffee.  And I definitely have a lazy streak.  😃

• Like 1

Take a look at the minipresso or nanopresso (WITH the nespresso adapter - base model is for actual espresso grounds).  I travel with one of these regularly and they are a god send for someone who has also become addicted to nespresso and espresso in general.  I used this on NCL a couple of times and just used the Hamilton Beach in the room to brew hot water (running it without a coffee pod in it).  Also very easy to use anywhere else on on the ship they will give you hot water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Take a look at the minipresso or nanopresso (WITH the nespresso adapter - base model is for actual espresso grounds).  I travel with one of these regularly and they are a god send for someone who has also become addicted to nespresso and espresso in general.  I used this on NCL a couple of times and just used the Hamilton Beach in the room to brew hot water (running it without a coffee pod in it).  Also very easy to use anywhere else on on the ship they will give you hot water.

2 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

What a cool little gadget!  I may have to invest in one of those.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

These Nespresso machines also make regular coffee and not just expresso.  Does anyone know if it’s really good coffee though?  It seems to me that the French press would be better?

Actually there are two kinds of Nespresso machines, Original and Vertuo.  The machines in the NCL suites are Original.  It's the Vertuo machines that can make regular coffee.  The closest thing to a regular cup of coffee that you are going to get out of an Original is a "lungo" which is about 3.7 ounces.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, casofilia said:

@All-ready2cruise

...... he'd have his with a shot of whiskey .......

The right use for whiskey!!!   VBG.     A waste of the Single Malt that I drink!!!

It would be a waste of any good scotch.  I've sampled many single malts, but still gravitate to the Johnnie Walker family of blends.  "You can't beat our blend."  😎  That said, when it's good scotch, it is most definitely, without a doubt, good!"

2 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

Actually there are two kinds of Nespresso machines, Original and Vertuo.  The machines in the NCL suites are Original.  It's the Vertuo machines that can make regular coffee.  The closest thing to a regular cup of coffee that you are going to get out of an Original is a "lungo" which is about 3.7 ounces.

Good to know.  Thankyou!  

On 10/1/2021 at 6:44 PM, BirdTravels said:

No. The Hamilton Beach picture above was from a Club Balcony room. Remember, a club balcony is only a balcony room. Not a suite. 

For that matter, the Suites "S" on the Joy don't have a butler either. 

The Suites "S" on the Joy have the Nespresso. 

image.png.427a351275f777bba393fc335f467b45.png

Do the S Suites on the Joy have breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant?

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 6:02 AM, Nataly1982 said:

What about bringing your own espresso travel maker? 

Nope. Nothing with a heating element is allowed onboard. Fire hazard. 

Your bags would be confiscated and sent to the naughty room. Then you spend a chunk of time on embarkation evening to get your stuff, less a coffee maker, back from ship's security. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Your bags would be confiscated and sent to the naughty room. Then you spend a chunk of time on embarkation evening to get your stuff, less a coffee maker, back from ship's security. 

Thanks a lot. I was surprised nobody ever said anything about my hair straightener which is tbh a big fire hazard. Checked  online and they are excepted from the policy. 

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you look into it, there are versions of the device that have no heating element.  You need to add boiling water to it.  In the case above the ship-supplied coffee maker is used to heat the water.

Edited by pbenjamin
clarification