Just Back from a 4 nighter on Mariner of the Seas-A few observations.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, molly361 said:

We were on the same sailing and did not get off the ship.  It was very nice.  I agree the crew was great.  I can't count how many times the waiter/assistant waiter asked us how we were during dinner.  It was bordering on overkill , guess they are bored.  Not sure why they don't have the bar stools back in Boleros or Playmakers since now everyone except kids have to be vaxed.

We were on Mariner several weeks ago and talked to several passengers and bartenders who all agreed it made no sense to not have bar stools in Boleros and Playmakers. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, queenfrostine22 said:

Truthfully, there are a lot of hoops to go through to get on the ship. Even with all of the best intentions you can still not make it onboard due to test results or paperwork glitches. I don't know if people are all willing to do that for a cruise right now. honestly, I was terrified that I would show a positive test result 2 days before getting onboard. Mind you, we go nowhere, see practically no one, haven't been to an inside restaurant in over 16mos. and mask up every time we are inside any store or building. I just miss cruising so bad that until I was fully on the ship I didn't believe it would happen!

I think the low capacities are in large part due to the majority of passengers consisting of frequent cruisers. We have been on two cruises so far with our next one starting this Saturday. Almost everyone we have met and talked to on our cruises has been on double digit cruises. We haven’t met even one passenger yet who was on their first cruise. There are still a lot of people who won’t cruise because of all the negative media concerning the cruise industry since early in the pandemic. There are also a lot of people who don’t want to cruise with the current Covid protocols. Personally we are loving the low passenger loads and are looking forward to hopefully another low capacity cruise on Odyssey this Saturday. 

We're on Indy in 4 weeks and I'm hoping for low numbers as well.  It would be a nice way to ease into cruising.

One of the gals on our Wonder Fall TA next year said that when her and her friend's cabins were transferred over from the Allure Fall TA next year they were assigned cabins that weren't next to each other.  They were told that they are trying to keep empty cabins between booked cabins for social distancing.  So perhaps that's what you're seeing onboard.

The cruises are at a reduced capacity but not because the cruise lines are limiting cabin sales. The reality is that they couldn’t fill those ships even if they wanted to. They are practically giving away those Mariner cruises (my drink package cost more than my cabin). The demand just isn’t there. 

Now that Florida is no longer the COVID-19 hotspot of the entire country (at least not as big of one) maybe folks will be more encouraged to cruise. Time will tell.

I’ll be on Oasis over Thanksgiving and I imagine those holiday cruises will be at a higher capacity simply because it’s a holiday and people are off work / schools are closed. I’ll find out soon!