Broadway Shows Onboard

Eggs2Go

Thanks shof515. I'm adding Breakaway to my cruise bookings. For about the price of flights and tickets to the musical Six in NYC, I can instead sail out of Miami and still get to see the show plus enjoy all the pleasures of cruising.

• Like 2

It's a fun show--we saw it in a pre-Broadway tour run a couple of years ago in St. Paul.

(Not so sure about your economic cost/benefit analysis--but I've never tried to see stuff first-run in NYC!
We get 5-6 touring shows, admittedly a couple of years post-Broadway, every year for only about $800. No arguing with the added pleasures of cruising, but not sure we could do that for under 1K!) 😃

Edited by quercus alba

saw "six" on the bliss in 2019. and, as noted, it's on the breakaway now. it is indeed a fun show; it's more or less the story of henry VIII's wives, as if told by the spice girls.

i also saw the show in london in 2019 and thought the norwegian version was every bit as good.

but the show, which is currently in previews on broadway, is only about 70 minutes long... perfect for a cruise ship entertainment, but rather thin for a full evening on broadway, in my opinion. i share quercus alba's bafflement at the cost/benefit analysis, as tickets are generally available for "six" on broadway at face value. and presumably you'd be seeing other things and doing other things when you came to new york.

(that being said, i used that same logic to fly to london a few years ago to see "hamilton." but that was when tickets to see the broadway production, with its original cast, were going for hundreds and even thousands of dollars.)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UKstages said:

saw "six" on the bliss in 2019. and, as noted, it's on the breakaway now. it is indeed a fun show; it's more or less the story of henry VIII's wives, as if told by the spice girls.

Nice description of the show! 🤣

21 minutes ago, TowerOrchard said:

So Six isn't on the Bliss anymore? Does anyone know what shows are on the Bliss?

Nobody has sailed on the Bliss since the pandemic, we'll know for sure once the first cruise sets off but I imagine SIX will return to the ship, and it still shows as being on the ship if you refer to the link I posted earlier in the thread.

23 hours ago, UKstages said:

and presumably you'd be seeing other things and doing other things when you came to new york.

Don't get me wrong: I love NYC and the Great White Way (and seeing Hamilton on Broadway with LMM was worth every penny I spent on that expensive trip).  But from my home, it's just a short drive to the Port of Miami. And yes, I suppose it is my crazy "logic" to justify booking another cruise. Thanks everyone for your favorable comments and reviews of the musical Six. And thanks Nowegian for offering your guests the best of Broadway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eggs2Go said:

Don't get me wrong: I love NYC and the Great White Way (and seeing Hamilton on Broadway with LMM was worth every penny I spent on that expensive trip).  But from my home, it's just a short drive to the Port of Miami. And yes, I suppose it is my crazy "logic" to justify booking another cruise. Thanks everyone for your favorable comments and reviews of the musical Six. And thanks Nowegian for offering your guests the best of Broadway.

Jealous. LMM is my man-crush.

Just saw "Frozen " last night in Minneapolis (Yay--live theater is BACK!) and it occurred to me that it would be a great option for an Alaska cruise. 😁

Disney's probably got the rights all wrapped up though...

On 10/3/2021 at 12:04 PM, hallux said:

It was on the Bliss prior to the pandemic.

This page will show you what shows are on what ships - https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-entertainment

Thanks for the link.  I’m sailing on the first BLISS post-Covid cruise on October 24.  Jersey Boys has been removed from the entertainment line-up.  Unfortunate.  Guess they couldn’t pull it together in time.  

Edited by eroller