Free at sea dining

cusematt4

Hi,

if I get free at sea dining and drinks, how many speciality dining meals can each person have?  On a 5 day cruise is it one per person total or it one per person per day?  I’m hoping to be able to try various specialty venues with the free at sea offer over the 5 night cruise.

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

That's what the old UDP use to be... and we didn't eat any meals at the MDR

If someone was traveling solo and has free at sea dining, could they use the extra dining credit for another solo traveler thereby doubling their specialty dining credits if you use each other's credits?  I saw on NCL's website it said you can get 2 entrees as an option but wasn't sure if the above scenario is an option or they have to be on the stateroom as #2.

Edited by ProblemCruiser

16 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Does Ncl ever offer promos for pre cruise dining packages compared to the set pricing?

NCL does not offer the never-ending sale (with 6-10 emails a week) like Royal. The price online is the price. For some things, it is slightly less than buying onboard. 

35 minutes ago, ProblemCruiser said:

If someone was traveling solo and has free at sea dining, could they use the extra dining credit for another solo traveler thereby doubling their specialty dining credits if you use each other's credits?

No....

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are sold individually and cannot be transferred. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will have to pay regular prices.

A solo guest only gets SDP for 1 person, not 2. 

A server might look the other way but it isn't supposed to be done. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No....

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are sold individually and cannot be transferred. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will have to pay regular prices.

A solo guest only gets SDP for 1 person, not 2. 

A server might look the other way but it isn't supposed to be done. 

I also have this though:

Can I still split the dinner for two vouchers if I am a solo traveller (two meals for one person)?

No, this benefit is delivered as two dinners for two per stateroom. Solo travellers get two dinners for one. You cannot split the voucher in to two separate vouchers and redeem the dinners on two separate evenings. The benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/can-i-still-split-dinner-two-vouchers-if-i-am-solo-traveler-two-meals-one-person

So that seems to say yes?

16 hours ago, ProblemCruiser said:

If someone was traveling solo and has free at sea dining, could they use the extra dining credit for another solo traveler thereby doubling their specialty dining credits if you use each other's credits?  I saw on NCL's website it said you can get 2 entrees as an option but wasn't sure if the above scenario is an option or they have to be on the stateroom as #2.

Lucy is a solo traveler. Ethel is a solo traveler who has Platinum status, which gives her a dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro, among other benefits. Each cruiser has Free At Sea for this 7-day cruise, and each was charged one person’s worth of dining gratuities for the Specialty Dining Package (SDP). Lucy and Ethel decide to dine together at Cagney’s. 

• Option 1: Lucy and Ethel each uses a SDP credit
  • Option 2: Ethel uses her Platinum Cagney’s credit, which covers both of their meals

Ethel books another solo cruise but Lucy is off having a wacky adventure and can’t make it to the pier on time. Again. Ethel goes to Cagney’s on her own.

• Option 1: Ethel uses a SDP credit
  • Option 2: Ethel uses up her Platinum Cagney’s credit on a dinner for one instead of dinner for two
Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1