Hotel Recommendations in Seattle Prior to July 2022 Alaskan Cruise?

LEMJMcC

Please list your top three hotel recommendations (with air conditioning) for a two-night stay in Seattle prior to an Alaskan cruise next July.  Our budget is ~ $300/night, but we don't HAVE to spend that.  I would love to find a hotel that offers a complimentary transport to Pier 91 if possible, but I'm open to suggestions about that.  

I've heard Pike's Market and the Space Needle are two must-sees, anthing else?  We like to walk and, by God's grace, are in good shape.

Thanks all!

There are quite a few suggestions regarding Seattle hotels on Trip Advisor.

Seattle Forum, Travel Discussion for Seattle, Washington - Tripadvisor

Staying in the downtown core area is the most convenient to venues, restaurants and transportation.  The rates downtown dropped significantly due to covid and fewer tourists last year and have ticked up in 2021. I believe the rates you see now will increase after the first of the year and as bookings rise.

Although there are a couple nice waterfront hotels they don’t work well for exploring the area as most of the sites & restaurants are up the hill in downtown.  They work great for a quick overnight particularly if departing from Pier 66.

Two of the newer hotels in your price range are The State which is in a great location 1 block from Pike Place Market and just a couple blocks from the light rail station and mono rail at Westlake. It’s a busy area. Another is The Sound which is a few blocks north in Belltown but sill close to Westlake.

If you like historic hotels I highly recommend the Mayflower Park Hotel (has AC) located at Westlake station. Halfway between Pike Market and Seattle Center (Space Needle).

It is a beautiful hotel. I stayed there this past July for a HAL cruise.  Took the light rail from the airport ($3.00) sure beats the $40+ taxi/uber fare.  Took a taxi to Pier 91 was charged $10. 7D441EDA-77EB-436E-A121-035AB0AECE50.thumb.jpeg.5ec9124f55a728a093b541686190d772.jpeg96C05C01-8A30-4323-ACD4-D705E1779EEE.thumb.jpeg.e39a0fa46649f5e6c5daf440f9366c15.jpeg

• Like 1

I prefer to be walking distance to Pike Place Market so my usual hotels include, The Edgewater, Marriott Waterfront, Kimpton Vintage Hotel, the Hyatt At Olive 8, Motif by Hyatt, The Charter Hotel Seattle, The Theodore and The State.

Up near the Space Needle are the Hyatt House, Hyatt Place and The Maxwell.

Edited by scottca075

Currently my favorite Seattle hotel is actually the Cedarbrook Lodge and Retreat which is located near SEATAC.  While it may be close to the airport it is absolutely not a traditional "airport" hotel.  Folks who have never stayed there have a hard time understanding that.  They provide shuttle service to SEATAC and also to the closest light rail station which makes it easy to head to a Mariner's game, Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum or Benaroya Hall.

Given the current covid testing time requirements we had to rearrange travel plans for a September Alaska itinerary B2B.  We ended up at the Marriott Waterfront which was so handy as our Celebrity ship used Pier 66 for those sailings.  We stayed one night pre-cruise and three nights post cruise.  The hotel has a lovely lobby.  The rooms are slightly dated but in excellent condition.  In addition to being almost directly across from Pier 66 it is within easy walking distance to the Seattle Aquarium and Miner's Landing.  There is a public elevator beside the hotel for easy access to Pike Place Market and the Seattle Art Museum.  My favorite Seattle seafood restaurant is Anthony's which is located directly across the street from the Marriott Waterfront.  The rooms are air conditioned.  There is a shuttle service to Pier 91 (Smith Cove) but since we didn't use it I don't know the cost (I suspect it isn't included in the price of the rooms).  This property may be a good fit for our OP.

We have stayed a number of times (approximately 8 times) at the Mayflower Park.  Since we live in Alaska we fly down to Seattle periodically for concerts, museum special exhibits and Mariner games.  The traditional rooms are rather small and we only stayed in one during our first stay.  Subsequently we booked King Suites. However, while the hotel remains lovely,  the surrounding neighborhood has changed.