Downgraded...

sid_9169

I'm sailing on Virgin Voyages maiden voyage from Miami on Wednesday, and I just got a call from them saying that they need my cabin as part of the quarantine area... They're taking away my XL Sea Terrace and replacing it with a Central Sea Terrace, which is an entire category below the one I booked. Normally, when a cruise line takes your cabin away, they at least upgrade you... This, after being cancelled on seven different times already, and now they're ripping the rug out from under me... Just another example of their atrocious customer relations... 

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm sailing on Virgin Voyages maiden voyage from Miami on Wednesday, and I just got a call from them saying that they need my cabin as part of the quarantine area... They're taking away my XL Sea Terrace and replacing it with a Central Sea Terrace, which is an entire category below the one I booked. Normally, when a cruise line takes your cabin away, they at least upgrade you... This, after being cancelled on seven different times already, and now they're ripping the rug out from under me... Just another example of their atrocious customer relations... 

You gave up too easy--They owe you!!!  Don't give up. Just ask for the next person in the chain of command..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I have a call into sailor services right now, and I'm waiting for a call back... I plan on trying to get something more significant than their paltry offer of $100 and a downgrade.

You need a suite and OBC!

• Like 1

@sid_9169

I know you are posting on your live blog thread - if you could cross post the end result here just so it's easier to find 🙂  this is insane - 

I really hope this is "start up" glitches - although they had 2 months in the UK to work through most of this IMO

• Like 1

I honestly find that Virgin Voyages is the absolute WORST COMPANY in the history to do business with... Every single thing that they have EVER told me has turned out to be untrue or an outright lie... 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I honestly find that Virgin Voyages is the absolute WORST COMPANY in the history to do business with... Every single thing that they have EVER told me has turned out to be untrue or an outright lie... 

That is their method of operation...Be sure to let your voice be heard at sailor services on the ship.. Might even be some management on the ship due to early cruising.. They should be looking for feedback-Although it seems VV doesn't do anything with the feedback they already have..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

One assumes things are better on board?

Other than the fact that they "lost" $400 of my Sailor Loot and all of my restaurant reservations, the on board experience has been GREAT...