Passport for Nassau?

BuckeyeMark

Do I need a passport to get into Nassau?Ā  The google says "no" but sometimes the google doesn't know how things are.Ā  What did you use to visit Nassau? Does the passport have to be good for six months after the cruise?Ā  I'll be there in Nov and I think mine expires in Jan.

58 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Do I need a passport to get into Nassau?Ā  The google says "no" but sometimes the google doesn't know how things are.Ā  What did you use to visit Nassau? Does the passport have to be good for six months after the cruise?Ā  I'll be there in Nov and I think mine expires in Jan.

It depends.

Ā 

The Bahamas participates in the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) so US citizens on closed loop cruises departing US ports may use other WHTI documents in lieu of a passport. Examples of acceptableĀ documentation include a passport card, enhanced drivers license or official government issued birth certificate together with a government issued photo ID such as a drivers license. If you're a naturalized US citizen your certificate of naturalization would replace the birthĀ  certificate or if you were a US citizens at birth who was born abroad a consular report of birth abroad would replace the birth certificate.

Ā 

However some cruise lines (generally luxury lines) require all passengers to have a passport regardless, so you need to check with your cruise line for their requirements, which can usually be found on an FAQ page on their website. That FAQ should also cover whether your cruise line requires 6 months or even some other length of validity, such as three months,Ā on your passport. Ā The Bahamas only requires a passport to be valid at time of entry and a US passport is good for return to the US right through its expiration date.

Enhanced license is fine, until you test positive for COVID, or fall and end up hospitalized, etc,etc and have to fly home rather than come home on the ship.

It amazes me how many folks ask ā€œWhatā€™s the least documentation I need?ā€ ratherĀ than whatā€™s the best documentation for cruise travel?

7 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Enhanced license is fine, until you test positive for COVID, or fall and end up hospitalized, etc,etc and have to fly home rather than come home on the ship.

It amazes me how many folks ask ā€œWhatā€™s the least documentation I need?ā€ ratherĀ than whatā€™s the best documentation for cruise travel?

That is a great point. And why I asked.

• 1 month later...