Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.

sternfanla

It's in the Return to Service FAQ section:

Where can I get a COVID-19 test?

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:

• Self-administered telehealth COVID-19 tests have been approved by the CDC for vaccinated guests to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement. The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA and the self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative. The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information. The result document must be presented at the time of check-in. Fully vaccinated guests may consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test and provide your results in 15 minutes. Test kits ship to all 50 states and arrive at your door in three business days or less. Order Now Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window..

25 minutes ago, Quagmire789 said:

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:

• Self-administered telehealth COVID-19 tests have been approved by the CDC for vaccinated guests to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement. The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA and the self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative. The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information. The result document must be presented at the time of check-in. Fully vaccinated guests may consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test and provide your results in 15 minutes. Test kits ship to all 50 states and arrive at your door in three business days or less. Order Now Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window..

Thank you very much. I just ordered mine.

I will delete this post unless someone thinks it should stay up?

FYI I ordered a 3 pack of tests from Optum on Sept 29.

As of today Oct 6, and 2 phone calls to Optum....I still have not received tests!

Yesterday I was told they were shipped without a tracking number so they could not locate them, and today a different person said they were shipped today from the FedEX facility in CA to Chicago...We live in CA!!!

Order early because you obviously cannot count on receiving them within a few days.

11 hours ago, Quagmire789 said:

Wow, I just can't imagine requiring every passenger to test like this.  They are going to have to move to a more practical protocol: like test or show proof of vaccination.  Most public venues are adopting this approach.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, travelhound said:

Wow, I just can't imagine requiring every passenger to test like this.  They are going to have to move to a more practical protocol: like test or show proof of vaccination.  Most public venues are adopting this approach.

The ships are required to sail at 95% vaccinated, so showing proof of vaccination is part of the protocol.  This is not a Carnival requirement, it is a CDC requirement, so I believe pre-testing will be in our future for some time.  You have your choice of testing methods.  They are not requiring everyone to do a home test.

19 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I just ordered 4 tests just in case my pediatrician can't get the results back Christmas Eve.

Just remember the at home tests cannot be used for kids who are unvaccinated.  They have to have a PCR test (the longer one) they cannot have the rapid tests

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, firedisney97 said:

Just remember the at home tests cannot be used for kids who are unvaccinated.  They have to have a PCR test (the longer one) they cannot have the rapid tests

my kids are 17- a senior in HS and 20 - sophomore in college. both vaccinated and son qualifies for booster. 

all good. 

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

The ships are required to sail at 95% vaccinated, so showing proof of vaccination is part of the protocol.  This is not a Carnival requirement, it is a CDC requirement, so I believe pre-testing will be in our future for some time.  You have your choice of testing methods.  They are not requiring everyone to do a home test.

Testing everyone indefinitely is not realistic.  They are going to have to move to a more practical protocol like: Test or Show Proof of Vaccination.  Most public venues have already adopted this method.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Annmarie58 said:

I have been trying to order as backups and the site keeps declining my cards, maybe its just a glitch today ? Anyone else ? 

I also just had the same problem. I called them and was told there is a computer issue and they would email me when it is resolved.

• Like 1

Here is a photo of the tag you need to look at - In my case is is 2021-October-15th Plus 3 months extension which makes it 2022-January-15th

IMG_2827.thumb.JPG.2b9405e48d6755406324902f93259f82.JPGAfter that they will not run the test - You can still do the test for your own assurance, but they will not monitor it.

3 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Here is a photo of the tag you need to look at - In my case is is 2021-October-15th Plus 3 months extension which makes it 2022-January-15th

IMG_2827.thumb.JPG.2b9405e48d6755406324902f93259f82.JPGAfter that they will not run the test - You can still do the test for your own assurance, but they will not monitor it.

wait they won't monitor it? why order it?

40 minutes ago, stellarose said:

wait they won't monitor it? why order it?

Let be more precise: They will not monitor a test where the package has been opened or that has Expired.

That would be three months after the expiration date shown on the package.

Sorry for not being clear about that.

On a recent cruise my DW was not feeling well, so I pulled out a test and had her do it. We primarily did the test to ease our mind that COVID was not the issue we were dealing with. That being said, we actually did the test proctored by eMed, mainly to see if we could do it from a moving ship moving along the coast, but since the test was for our own information, I did not have to have it proctored by eMed. If I had had a recently expired test, I would have used that, without it being proctored.

Edited by RGEDad
Added clarity, and last section
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VaTech8912 said:

Look on the actual package above LOT number...it will have a hourglass symbol.  This is the expiration date + 3mos.  At least that is my understanding from my previously used test.

I got it. You have to remove the part that says “do not open” (smart) to see the exportation date. I guess this means mine expires 12/27.

60D4F9A5-6D77-4CA0-B4C6-632AC3689B70.jpeg

You are good until 12/27/2021. Now, there is a sticker across the box opening, kinda polka dot looking. That cannot be opened until you are on video with the proctor. If it is, they will not test with it. Also, if any part of the test goes from the camera, they will invalidate the test and need to start over. Be sure to have extras. Some people have dropped theirs, opened a kit with nothing in the bottle, or damaged box.

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got it. You have to remove the part that says “do not open” (smart) to see the exportation date. I guess this means mine expires 12/27.

60D4F9A5-6D77-4CA0-B4C6-632AC3689B70.jpeg

Some Lot#s got an extension of 12 months from Manufacture date (1/21/21) in example above, but none of our test's lot# where listed.  Bummer as I was hoping to have one that would work in January.