CPAP question

cruisnfool

• Host Kat changed the title to CPAP question

If you ask, your steward will also tape down the cord if it runs across an area that you walk through.  I always take along extension cords and if the electric cord isn't on the same wall as the bed they can tape it to the carpet.  Did this most recently in August on the Majestic.

DW and I both use CPAP.  I bring a 10 ft extension cord (not a power strip or it may get confiscated) with multiple outlets.  The cord on one machine reaches from one side of the bed to the other.  Plug both into extension and then that to the outlet on the desk.  We have used the "high voltage cable" they provide in the past and just no way to not have it in the way.

1 hour ago, pmCruiser said:

Best purchase I ever made.  It works slick.  And, I still have the use of the bedside table light.

This is what I have done on the past 5 or 6 cruises (on Princess).  I was expecting the same arrangement on an NCL cruise we did about a month ago.  Not so!  (It was our first NCL and I did not know what to expect.)  I always carry a 10 foot standard US extension cord with my CPAP and that's what I ended up using.

It's a bit of a hassle to pull the bed out and/or crawl under to reach and swap out the existing plug with the adapter you bring...but you just have to do it twice (beginning and end of cruise) and it is FAR AND AWAY better than having to step over an extension cord even if it *is* taped down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It's a bit of a hassle to pull the bed out and/or crawl under to reach and swap out the existing plug with the adapter you bring...but you just have to do it twice (beginning and end of cruise) and it is FAR AND AWAY better than having to step over an extension cord even if it *is* taped down.

We do have the adapter but agree with you about the hassle, especially on the final morning when you're rushing to disembark.