Tampa cruiseport to Tampa airport

zwallace

We'll be disembarking from the Constellation Friday January 14. I had previously booked a Southwest flight to depart at 11:10. Second guessing my time frame, I posted the question as to whether this was a good idea on Florida departures board. Two responses said fog could be a factor so I paid more to leave at 12:40 p.m. Now I'm second guessing that decision and wondering if we self disembark why I couldn't change back to the earlier flight which is shorter in duration and a little cheaper. I'd really appreciate any responses of members who have knowledge and experience with Tampa. We've always crossed from Miami or FLL. Thanks in advance. 

11 minutes ago, zwallace said:

We'll be disembarking from the Constellation Friday January 14. I had previously booked a Southwest flight to depart at 11:10. Second guessing my time frame, I posted the question as to whether this was a good idea on Florida departures board. Two responses said fog could be a factor so I paid more to leave at 12:40 p.m. Now I'm second guessing that decision and wondering if we self disembark why I couldn't change back to the earlier flight which is shorter in duration and a little cheaper. I'd really appreciate any responses of members who have knowledge and experience with Tampa. We've always crossed from Miami or FLL. Thanks in advance. 

Assuming the ship on time, you would have no problem getting to the airport for am 11:10 flight.  Depending on traffic, it would be a 15 - 30 minute ride.

Any answers should come from someone that has cruised on another line via Tampa (Carnival, NCL, RCL for example).  11/7/21 Constellation will be the first X cruise out of Tampa in a long while.  

That said, given airport proximity, I'd say you are safe with either departure.  There are port specific forums here that will provide the latest trends.

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Any answers should come from someone that has cruised on another line via Tampa (Carnival, NCL, RCL for example).  11/7/21 Constellation will be the first X cruise out of Tampa in a long while.  

That said, given airport proximity, I'd say you are safe with either departure.  There are port specific forums here that will provide the latest trends.

You should make the 1110am flight. Disembark ASAP. The question with fog. It can delay a ship from entering the channel for the morning all the way to early evening ( 5pm ). Tampa takes extra precautions with the fog. They don’t take chances of having a ship hit the bridge again.