The Key

48 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

They just changed it to eliminate boarding day lunch and added free room service and 25% off specialty restaurants.  

I hope they changed the price back down to $19.99 pp a day like they did when they rolled it out.

14 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

Good luck, I noticed the "sale" prices on my 4 day sailings are $27.99

My four-day in November is currently at $17.99, and a few weeks ago it even went down to $16.99.  Voom S&S for one device is $18.39, so it's cheaper to get The Key!

• Like 1

Kind of why I asked. Price for my sailing is $18.99. Zoom S&S is $18.39. Only real difference is Key must be purchased by everyone in cabin. If priority boarding or chops menu lunch on arrival been in play, I might have tried it to check out before “real” cruising starts up again. Thanks, everyone, for the responses.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HicksRA said:

They just changed it to eliminate boarding day lunch and added free room service and 25% off specialty restaurants.  

And a "Grab It and Go" goodie bag for disembarkation! 😉  For me, as a solo traveler on Freedom, it made a lot of sense at $16.99/day, even without the prior benefits of Chops lunch and early embarkation.  Voom at the time was $17.99/day, so it was pretty much a no-brainer.  Even now, it's a good deal I think.

38 minutes ago, WindinmySails said:

I guess I don't understand if it really is a good deal when we have reduced capacity.

It depends on the price and your likelihood of using room service.

In my case, I was getting internet anyway, and Voom is more expensive than The Key on that sailing.  

If you usually get room service for lunch or late-night snacks or whatever most days, that's a savings of $7.95 for each room service delivery.

You just have to do the math.

The Priority Embark/Debark and one hour of no-line access to each activity are not as much of a draw during reduced capacity.  

• Thanks 1

I bought it for Odyssey 11/20 sailing. 
i don’t like they cancel the embarcation lunch at CHOPS. RC stares for health reasons but they will be opening  CHOPS for everyone that same evening. How that makes sense. 

Wonder if I need to keep it if Royal Up to a GS?

Edited by rmontanez

I purchased the "The Key" for our Oasis 7 day cruise on March 6th.  Having the Voom Surf & Stream for each of us (which is currently offered at $17.99 per person per day) made the $29.99 per person per day - really just $12 more.  I like the idea of VIP seating at the major shows (main theatre, Aqua theatre, Studio B, etc.).  We also like getting off at ports sooner - and the breakfast and choice departure time on debarkation.  I would, however, love to hear from those that had the Key and what their experiences have been with it! 

I'm hoping they'll still have the welcome lunch in the MDR (supposedly with the Chops Grille lunch menu).  I saw, in reading above, that they cancelled that on sailings in the next month or so.  

On 10/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, WindinmySails said:

I guess I don't understand if it really is a good deal when we have reduced capacity.

It's a good deal if you were willing to pay for WiFi and it cost more than the key. Anything else including room service is just extra.

• Thanks 1