Seabourn Encore - Opinions Please

hampshirelad

Our last Cruise on Seabourn was on the Spirit shortly before it was retired. Looking at booking on  the Encore for the Canaries in March 2022. Will be grateful for opinions on the Ship and any useful tips. Perhaps it has done a similar itinerary pre Covid  at that time of the year , which someone travelled on .

Many thanks

We've sailed twice on Seabourn Encore and previously on Seabourn Sojourn. We enjoyed both, but prefer Sojourn. We felt that the Retreat was a waste of deck space, despite trying it twice. Thomas Keller is a beautiful restaurant, much larger than on Sojourn. But we would gladly sail on any Seabourn ship.

I have a series of Seabourn videos of Encore and Sojourn on my YouTube Channel, Cruise Video Memories  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYW-Y1IjRSD9MECilTBG5A This may help you to make your decision.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 2:20 PM, hampshirelad said:

Our last Cruise on Seabourn was on the Spirit shortly before it was retired. Looking at booking on  the Encore for the Canaries in March 2022. Will be grateful for opinions on the Ship and any useful tips. Perhaps it has done a similar itinerary pre Covid  at that time of the year , which someone travelled on .

Many thanks

I am also considering this cruise. I would appreaciate tips.

We have sailed on the Encore and enjoyed it (as well as Ovation).  I totally agree that the Retreat is an unfortunate use of a lot of space--but that fact did not keep us from enjoying the Encore.  We especially liked the TK Grill Bar.  This is a lovely space just outside of the TK Grill  It is not available on Sojourn or the other smaller ships.  It is a great place to have a pre dinner drink, even if you are not having dinner at the TK Grill that night.  We don't eat Sushi, but the Sushi restaurant on Encore and Ovation was enjoyed by many.  It also is not available on the smaller ships.  

In addition, I like the decor of the ship.  The Observation Bar is lovely and just a bit more cheerful looking that the Observation Bar on Sojourn  

We are not pool lounging people, so deck space for lounging was not a concern for us.

We enjoyed Sojourn as well, but would never hesitate to sail on any of the Seabourn ships.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1