First time Viking cruiser.. Question about the DV1 cabin that faces out the back of the ship.

Sleep7

On 12/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, LindaS272 said:

they have inventory to move

That's the key.  I think as long as there are unsold inventories, they will offer upgrades to booked guests.  The bigger rooms and additional service cost pennies to the cruise line, but another few hundreds or even thousands extra bucks to shore up the bottom line are always nice.

We also have an aft DV1 for an upcoming cruise in March 2022 and I am wondering about getting an upgrade to a PV for the extra cabin space, do I get in touch with Viking myself to say we would be interested or wait and see if they come to us?!  This is our first Viking cruise and have only been on2 others both with Celebrity when we had a Sky Suite and Aqua Class.  Any info gladly received.  Also, are there ironing facilities in the laundry rooms?

Hello!

We didn't contact them.. Viking emailed us about a week before we sailed offering us a reduced price upgrade. I guess it depends on what cabins they have free and how many people are on board?

Why not contact them when it gets close to your sailing? Seems like there is no downside to reaching out to them.😃

And yes.. there is a laundry room on each floor that is free and they supply the soap.

Here it is.. I took pix of everything for my review last month! 😁

Have fun!

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TT_adcrgy36QAdznA66HAhrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1636946077

On 12/13/2021 at 2:00 PM, kkapaldo said:

Laundry facilities are 3 washers and 3 dryers on every floor with soap dispensers - bring your own fabric softener sheets if you need

thanks Sleep 7 for that, very helpful - and there is an iron!!!

• Like 1

🙄Negative Nancy's aside..

There is a laundry on all of the floors that have cabins.

The only floors that don't have laundries but do have cabins are the ones with suites and I think your laundry is done for you so you don't need a self laundry.😊

• Like 1

I think most people can work out exactly where the laundries are from the replies given.

Of course it might be handy to have a laundry next to the main restaurant or Explorers Lounge in case of mishaps or spills, possibly when choking whilst reading a pedantic reply on the Viking thread of cruise critic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/18/2021 at 1:28 PM, CoolBeansVA said:

We had an aft DV1 cabin once, and it had a serious drawback:  with our balcony door open, we could hear everything going on at the infinite pool above us.  It was annoying.  

What floor were you on?

On 12/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, CoolBeansVA said:

We had an aft DV1 cabin once, and it had a serious drawback:  with our balcony door open, we could hear everything going on at the infinite pool above us.  It was annoying.  

WE had 5111 in October under the infinity pool. We never heard any conversations when sitting on our balcony during the day or night. But we had only around 300 passengers and the pool never more that 6 people when we were eating lunch  on the deck outside WC.

We also had 4123, a DV1 aft cabin a floor below. We loved that one the best , but it was already booked when we booked our Oct cruise. Easy # to remember for bartenders and wait staff! LOL and had a little more sun some days. 

12 minutes ago, Azulann said:

WE had 5111 in October under the infinity pool. We never heard any conversations when sitting on our balcony during the day or night. But we had only around 300 passengers and the pool never more that 6 people when we were eating lunch  on the deck outside WC.

We also had 4123, a DV1 aft cabin a floor below. We loved that one the best , but it was already booked when we booked our Oct cruise. Easy # to remember for bartenders and wait staff! LOL and had a little more sun some days. 

LOVE cabin numbers that are easy to remember!!!😍

On 10/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, slewis7 said:

We were in a deck 3 DV1 aft cabin on our last Viking cruise and we really enjoyed it.  The only disadvantages I can think of is perhaps a slightly longer walk to get to some ship locations and just that we found the DV cabin to be a bit cramped for storage space.  We would consider booking one of these again for shorter cruises.

We just booked the Deck 3 DV1 room 3906 for Feb 2023. Do you have any pictures you can post? Thank You in advance.

4 hours ago, Azulann said:

Thank you.  We have 4123 for a 2023 Viking Homeland cruise.  Nice to have a positive report.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

😃I don't have any pix of that cabin but it is a great number to remember though!

9 minus 3 is 6.  PERFECT!

Last silly contribution to this thread I promise.😁

I did not even notice that about the room number.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobs1016 said:

I did not even notice that about the room number.

And now you will never forget it! Yay!!😊

Have fun on your cruise.. we just came back from our first Viking Ocean cruise and it was AMAZING!!!  You are in for such a treat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Azulann said:

We are in 5110 would you really recommend it (the aft cabin) my quandary is we have a lot of sea days so it would be nice to sit out and watch the world, or ocean, go by but as it is an 18 day cruise is the cabin a little bit smal!!!

12 hours ago, Azulann said:

All deluxe verandas have the same sq footage.I have only sailed in DV  cabins. You can go to the Penthouse verandas but none of them are on the aft. What ship and what itinerary?

We are going on Orion March 23 (I think1) Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles.  The sales guy made a big deal about the aft cabin which I totally get particularly with all the sea days!  Hopefully we will be too busy to spend too much time in the cabin!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, delpotro said:

We are going on Orion March 23 (I think1) Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles.  The sales guy made a big deal about the aft cabin which I totally get particularly with all the sea days!  Hopefully we will be too busy to spend too much time in the cabin!

Loved my aft cabin 4123 on the Orion. Sitting on the balcony was so relaxing  watching the wake any time of day or night on a sea day. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, Azulann said:

Was one of the balconies larger than the other? (4123 vs 5111)

You mentioned you loved sitting on 4123...was that your favorite and if so, why?

TIA!