Independence 3 day?

HMY624

Anyone have insight into the new 3 day Independence itinerary in the COVID era? Is Grease going to be performed? Do we make reservations for shows on the app or somewhere on the ship when we board?  Do we need reservations for breakfast or lunch in the main dining room?  (we have early dining so that’s set). Thanks! 

Edited by HMY624

• HMY624 changed the title to Independence 3 day?

Currently, all show reservations cannot be made until you are on board.  Then you can easily make them in the app.

You do not need reservations for breakfast or lunch.

Grease should be performed, absent any other issues.

41 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Currently, all show reservations cannot be made until you are on board.  Then you can easily make them in the app.

Make sure you make the reservations as soon as possible on the first day.  I was recently on the Freedom of the Seas and almost all shows were full by the end of the first day, the only exceptions being the late night comedy shows.  This cruise had 2900 ppl and the following 3 day had 3300 people.  I had a 4 day in between where there were only 1200 ppl and there were no issues with booking shows for that cruise.  Three day cruises that are over a weekend tend to have the highest capacity of any itineraries.

What kind of shows are reservations needed for and is there a way to find out before boarding the ship what the shows are and times?  Like is it loaded on the app. ahead of time?  We go in 3 weeks and I see nothing for shows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lolalow said:

What kind of shows are reservations needed for and is there a way to find out before boarding the ship what the shows are and times?  Like is it loaded on the app. ahead of time?  We go in 3 weeks and I see nothing for shows.

Typically any production show, ice show, comedy show, headliner show, to name a few.  But pretty much any show in a theatre will need to be reserved.  I don't think those show up in the Royal Caribbean app until pretty close to embarkation day (I can't recall when they showed up in app for my recent Freedom OTS cruises), and if they do show up prior to embarkation, you will see a greyed out reserve now button and it will tell you that you need to be on ship wi-fi to reserve.

Edited by TheBucketLister

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Wildcat85 said:

I wasn’t sure where to post this but my mom and I will be sailing Indy over Christmas - the three days to the Bahamas. She has asked me if they offer Christmas prayer service. Anyone know if there is a pastor aboard?

They almost always have clergy on board for Christmas.  Absent that, they have video services.

• Thanks 1