Bourbon available in bars

nlktx49

1 hour ago, nlktx49 said:

I broke the news to my husband that Crown Royal is no longer available at bars onboard ships. He asked what other brands of bourbon are available. Can someone who had cruised recently help me with this information? 

I see 10 listed under bourbon whiskey at Pig and Anchor: Basil Hayden's, Blanton's, Breckinridge, Buffalo Trace, Duke, Eagle Rare 10 Year, Elijah Craig Small Batch, High West Prairie, Old Forester 80 Proof, and Woodford Reserve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Hmmm. I was thinking of Horizon. Does Vista even have a Pig and Anchor?

Per Cruisemapper on deck 5

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Carnival-Vista-1039/deck05-1675

During the ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment, the “Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ” bar was replaced by the new restaurant “Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse” (by celebrity chef Guy Fieri). The new smokehouse (brewhouse / barbecue food bar) is complimentary and opens on seadays only (between 12 noon – 2:30 pm). The menu has BBQ favorites, wood-smoked on the ship, cooked traditionally “low and slow”, using Guy Fieri’s recipes and special spices. Among the menu items are Mac Daddy (Macaroni and Cheese), Scratch-Made Slaw, Potato Salad (Old Skool), Smoked Turkey, Bacon (with Molasses Baked Beans). The list of meats includes chicken, pulled pork and Andouille (pork) sausages. The meat is brined and dry-rubbed before cooking in the ship’s smoker. The meat smoking process lasts 12 to 14 hours. The Smokehouse also offers premium, house-made craft beers.

1 hour ago, MississippiMike said:

Interested in any funtimes screenshots or other sources showing the times. that seems to be the best quality value for straight bourbon. 

The bar is open pretty much all day on sea days.  It was always open by 11 or so on the Horizon last month and one of the last to close.  It will open later as will all of the specialty bars on a port day.

Edited by ray98

19 hours ago, mondello said:

I see 10 listed under bourbon whiskey at Pig and Anchor: Basil Hayden's, Blanton's, Breckinridge, Buffalo Trace, Duke, Eagle Rare 10 Year, Elijah Craig Small Batch, High West Prairie, Old Forester 80 Proof, and Woodford Reserve.

Lot of Heavenly Hill/ Buffalo Trace products there. Doubting if Blanton's is "Straight From the Barrel" or "Gold" but if "original" still a great sipping whisky. 

1 hour ago, nlktx49 said:

O.K. a blended Canadian whiskey - and were these gallons on Glory recently? 

Technically, yes. May have been referring to the availability in the dutyfree FunShops. Someone posted a bartender onboard told him Carnival chose to go exclusive(?) with another brand as their main brand.

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Lot of Heavenly Hill/ Buffalo Trace products there. Doubting if Blanton's is "Straight From the Barrel" or "Gold" but if "original" still a great sipping whisky. 

How they list it on the bar menu.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

On that note, anyone know of bottles like that in the duty free shop?

First time cruising.. not sure what to expect. Can't wait till 1.22.22 

45 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Should be open at night.  You might be seeing the lunch BBQ, which is different.

Thanks... I can't find it with listed times on any fun times under the drinks section for longer times. 

I hope that's true. If not, well I'll just prop up at the bar and set my timer to 5 minutes one day and get as many as I can in during the 2.5 hours lol. 

Just by coincidence, I was going to ask this same question.

I was looking at ordering Crown Royal from Carnival's Food & Beverages, and the only one I saw was Seagrams 7 Whiskey, which is a Canadian whiskey.  Here in Canada, I can say "rye and ginger ale" and get a Canadian whiskey, but I learned a long time ago that while I'm in the US, I have to specify a brand or I get bourbon.

I hope there are other brands of Canadian whiskey on board, but if not, I'll just get used to "Seagrams and ginger ale".

Edited by Luckysll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckysll said:

I was looking at ordering Crown Royal from Carnival's Food & Beverages, and the only one I saw was Seagrams 7 Whiskey, which is a Canadian whiskey.  Here in Canada, I can say "rye and ginger ale" and get a Canadian whiskey, but I learned a long time ago that while I'm in the US, I have to specify a brand or I get bourbon.

I hope there are other brands of Canadian whiskey on board, but if not, I'll just get used to "Seagrams and ginger ale".

If you're gonna drink Seagrams, order a 7 and 7, Seagrams 7 and 7 Up. That was a real popular drink when I was growing up.

1 hour ago, Luckysll said:

I

At one time, pre COVID, they also had Canadian Club. No 40 Creek , no Wiser