Wonder if the Oosterdam had late passenger embarking today

LAFFNVEGAS

Posted this on another thread, but this is probably the better place to pass this along:

We came in on the Oosterdam this morning. The backup generator needed to be replaced. They picked it up at another pier in San Diego very early this morning. Perhaps they're still working on that.

Had a great trip. I'll post some comments, probably tomorrow.

ExhaltHim,

Thank you for the your good wishes....I really appreciate them. :) It's so neat to get a Bon Voyage from CCers!

(I finished packing a couple of hours ago. I'd like to have taken the Oosterdam again, but scheduling and itinerary put us on the Spirit instead this time.)

Ah, Lisa, you really are missing the Oosterdam....colored lights on the glass elevators.... I never noticed before...I don't remember them when we were aboard.

Peggy

Posted this on another thread, but this is probably the better place to pass this along:

We came in on the Oosterdam this morning. The backup generator needed to be replaced. They picked it up at another pier in San Diego very early this morning. Perhaps they're still working on that.

Had a great trip. I'll post some comments, probably tomorrow.

Please DO post some comments. I will anxiously be waiting. Welcome Home.

Marie

ExhaltHim,

Thank you for the your good wishes....I really appreciate them. :) It's so neat to get a Bon Voyage from CCers!

(I finished packing a couple of hours ago. I'd like to have taken the Oosterdam again, but scheduling and itinerary put us on the Spirit instead this time.)

Ah, Lisa, you really are missing the Oosterdam....colored lights on the glass elevators.... I never noticed before...I don't remember them when we were aboard.

Peggy

Oeggy, Before I forget, I hope you have a great upcoming cruise:)

Actually I did not discover that the lights were on the Glass elevators till Feb 2005 when we were in San Diego and the Oosterdam had her late departure due to loosing the luggage into the water. We stayed around the pier to watch her sail away. It was then that I noticed the lights. It is actually quite pretty. There is a pink, purple, yellow:)

Thanks , Lisa. :)

WOW! I just noticed your upcoming cruises.....how fantastic!!!!:D Even with all those coming up cruises, it's still difficult to adjust to the "real world" after leaving a beautiful ship, isn't it?

Peggy, I am so sorry for my bad spelling of your name, I was in a hurry because DH and DS were ready to go out to dinner and Lisa was still typing away on the CC board

I do hope you have a fantastic cruise, now this is an 8 day cruise isn't it? Oh to just do one longer than 7 days. I can't wait till we do our first 10 day in November, when that 7 day comes around we just lay in bed at night and laugh:D but until then we have a 7 day cruise and our quickie 4 day on the Veendam:)

Bon Voyage!!!!:cool:

Can you tell me the site to view this web cam, I know I had it book marked at one time but can't find it. We will be on the Oosterdam next month would love to be able to watch here come and go in San Diego. Thanks

Tracyr, use this link to see the San Diego web cam and ships in port.

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/sandiego/oneamerica2&pan=-101.48572&tilt=-12.994281&panfov=19.214195&tiltfov=14.976375&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=1140325821345&width=640&height=480&quality=60&catalogname=catalog&zoom=2.4304948&imagemap.x=534&imagemap.y=268

richcrow,

Yes there is. Got to Kroooz-Cams. Click on Port Cams. Then click on United States, then West Coast...Seattle is listed there. I'm sure there are simplier ways--that's the way I found it.

Thank you so much. I used to have that web page in my favorite places but somehow it disappeared.

Archived