Funny Story on my last cruise.

dhaza

Funny story.  On my last cruise with Carnival (2020) we were at the evening show and I order my normal Scotch straight up.  I handed the guy my sail pass card and left to get drinks.  When he returned with my drink the lights were dim and the show had started so I put the card back in my wallet without checking it.

The next day was port day so we scan our sail pass card and left the ship for the day at port.  Returning to the ship we were standing in line and I looked down at my sail pass card and said Judy ?????.  Realizing I had someone else’s card I told the person at the station where you get back onto the ship that I had the wrong card and belong to someone else.  They said it was impossible to scan off the ship with the wrong card but I did.  They called security and I spent the next two hours trying to convince them that I use the wrong card to leave the ship and belong on this ship.  Finally the girl that had my card turned it into customer service while is was sitting in security hold.  They had to admit that I did in fact scan off the ship with a wrong card and was females card and I’m a male. Security made the excuses that the pictures must of have been close and ask if Judy had full beard like I do.  Security told me I was a smart (you not what).

Edited by dhaza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

12 minutes ago, dhaza said:

Funny story.  On my last cruise with Carnival (2020) we were at the evening show and I order my normal Scotch straight up.  I handed the guy my sail pass card and left to get drinks.  When he returned with my drink the lights were dim and the show had started so I put the card back in my wallet without checking it.

The next day was port day so we scan our sail pass card and left the ship for the day at port.  Returning to the ship we were standing in line and I looked down at my sail pass card and said Judy ?????.  Realizing I had someone else’s card I told the person at the station where you get back onto the ship that I had the wrong card and belong to someone else.  They said it was impossible to scan off the ship with the wrong card but I did.  They called security and I spent the next two hours trying to convince them that I use the wrong card to leave the ship and belong on this ship.  Finally the girl that had my card turned it into customer service while is was sitting in security hold.  They had to admit that I did in fact scan off the ship with a wrong card and was females card and I’m a male. Security made the excuses that the pictures must of have been close and ask if Judy had full beard like I do.  Security told me I was a smart (you not what).

I think there was once a song written about you---Judy in Disguise🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, dhaza said:

Funny story. .  Security told me I was a smart (you not what).

Not wanting to admit their mistake and then trying to make you out to be a Smart Ass. 

Uncouth .Security went to far with this one. Should have talked to a supervisor  .

My passport photo - the one they keep scanning before I get onboard - is absolutely terrible.  It was taken by a pharmacy employee who would not take the picture if I smiled, even if I didn't show teeth - after an overnight shift, a frantic drive to my hometown to have a birth certificate printed, and an equally frantic drive back to Miami to make my same day service appointment for a last minute international trip the following day.  I look haggard and horrible, I cringe every time I look at it.  Even worse, the facial scanners have never once been tripped up - apparently I'm always recognizable as that tired, scowling old hag.

I'm not Judy, though, and there isn't a trace of beard in the photo, so I guess I've got that going for me =p

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Virga said:

My passport photo - the one they keep scanning before I get onboard - is absolutely terrible.  It was taken by a pharmacy employee who would not take the picture if I smiled, even if I didn't show teeth - after an overnight shift, a frantic drive to my hometown to have a birth certificate printed, and an equally frantic drive back to Miami to make my same day service appointment for a last minute international trip the following day.  I look haggard and horrible, I cringe every time I look at it.  Even worse, the facial scanners have never once been tripped up - apparently I'm always recognizable as that tired, scowling old hag.

I'm not Judy, though, and there isn't a trace of beard in the photo, so I guess I've got that going for me =p

Sorry that happened to you, Virga. Earlier this year, I also had my passport photo taken at a pharmacy. The photo was horrible,  and a lot had  to do with the lighting.  Not to do any thing with vanity, I knew I  wouldn't be able to live with photo.  So, I went  to the local photo shop I went  to the last time for passport  renewal.  This photo was much better. I'm still a fat old man, but the lighting was better! (and, at least,  I could live with it .....in  my  twilight years!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urbanhawk said:

Sorry that happened to you, Virga. Earlier this year, I also had my passport photo taken at a pharmacy. The photo was horrible,  and a lot had  to do with the lighting.  Not to do any thing with vanity, I knew I  wouldn't be able to live with photo.  So, I went  to the local photo shop I went  to the last time for passport  renewal.  This photo was much better. I'm still a fat old man, but the lighting was better! (and, at least,  I could live with it .....in  my  twilight years!)

I understand completely!  I've never been particularly photogenic, but fortunately I've also never been particularly vain, either.  If I'd had any sense, I'd have gotten the photo taken BEFORE the long drive.  Oh well - it was a lovely trip and I wouldn't trade it for a decade with a great photo 😃

2 hours ago, Virga said:

.  I look haggard and horrible, I cringe every time I look at it.  Even worse, the facial scanners have never once been tripped up - apparently I'm always recognizable as that tired, scowling old hag.

As my son would say, when he was 2 years old, "You are funny to me." 

• Like 1