Cancel one person in a cabin?

Not cruising until March 2022 on Adventure OTS.  Have two cabins (side by side) booked, 2 adults in one, 2 adults 1 child in the other.  There is a possibility one of the adults in the two person cabin will have to cancel.  I purchased Travel Protection when I booked the cruise.  I haven't called RCCL yet, just wanted to know if anyone has any experience in this sort of thing.  What I would LIKE to do is switch one of the adults in the 2nd cabin so that each cabin then has two persons.

Is this going to be a hassle and wonder what sort of cancellation fees will be imposed??  I have only paid the deposit of $500 so far.  Thanks for any help!!

Switching people around could result in prices being refared. Have prices gone up or down?

Sometimes putting 2 in a cabin for 3/4 cant be rebooked until closer in to your date.

I'd call and ask your ta or rcl not here. 

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, Greektreats said:

Is this going to be a hassle and wonder what sort of cancellation fees will be imposed??

It should not, the first is just a name change while the second is the removal of the third person. You are taking a chance of the two folks in the three person cabin being moved, but this should be a no cost change. 

Thanks all!!    With trepidation, I called Royal Caribbean, expecting this might be a hassle, but everything has been taken care of by RCCL, very courteously and efficiently I might add!  They could not have been nicer, no penalties applied, and I am a happy cruiser!

• Like 2