New COVID rules

maesteggirl

We received a  letter from SAGA last week relating to our Canaries Christmas cruise. From November 1st when you can go ashore independently new Covid vaccination proof is required. You must now download a digital certificate from the NHS app or website. This has a barcode which must be scanned for entry to some countries. The previous paper or card evidence will not be accepted. The new digital certificates only last 30 days so you must be careful when you download it. The letter goes on to say that if you have no access to a smartphone or tablet device then assistance is available at check-in.

Another change is that the Passenger Locator Form requirement can now be completed up tp 48 hours before embarkation for cruises of 19 days or less. For longer cruises it must resubmitted 48 hours before returning to the UK. Again if you do not have a smartphone or tablet help is available on board.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, maesteggirl said:

We received a  letter from SAGA last week relating to our Canaries Christmas cruise. From November 1st when you can go ashore independently new Covid vaccination proof is required. You must now download a digital certificate from the NHS app or website. This has a barcode which must be scanned for entry to some countries. The previous paper or card evidence will not be accepted. The new digital certificates only last 30 days so you must be careful when you download it. The letter goes on to say that if you have no access to a smartphone or tablet device then assistance is available at check-in.

Another change is that the Passenger Locator Form requirement can now be completed up tp 48 hours before embarkation for cruises of 19 days or less. For longer cruises it must resubmitted 48 hours before returning to the UK. Again if you do not have a smartphone or tablet help is available on board.

I may be wrong, but as I understand it, although the pass is only valid for 30 days, the 30 day period refreshes the every time you log into the NHS site -  see https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/   under  'How long a digital NHS COVID Pass is valid for'

Bob

On 10/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, maesteggirl said:

This has a barcode which must be scanned for entry to some countries. The previous paper or card evidence will not be accepted.

This seems a bit odd as the paper certificate also has a barcode on it.  Did they say which countries this refers to?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, wowzz said:

Why, exactly ?

Because people will be going on local busses, into local cafes and when we were excorted we were carefully chaperoned. After November 1st you will have no idea where people have been and from what I see if the UK most peoplke seem to think this has all gone away. But if mixing with more people does NOT increase infection risk and therefore infections getting onboard more easilly then why have we bothered at all?

I wonder if SAGA will continbue to inform passengers if they have got CV19 onboard once this new no boundary is activated.

Good luck, just finished off any ambition of mine to sail anytime soon.

Edited by Pentlands

57 minutes ago, Pentlands said:

After November 1st you will have no idea where people have been and from what I see if the UK most peoplke seem to think this has all gone away. But if mixing with more people does NOT increase infection risk and therefore infections getting onboard more easilly then why have we bothered at all?

Given that the countries visited by cruises have lower infection rates than the UK, your argument makes no sense.

It is more dangerous if people visit certain parts of the UK than, say Barcelona.

• Like 3