Rapid Antigen Testing

MAMA "B"

someone on another board said the Port just opened testing at Nomi Health which I believe is next to one of the Carnival terminals or near Seamen's Park.  Maybe someone on the Florida board has provided information.  But here's a link to the main website

Nomi Health | COVID Response

Otherwise, MIA has two testing sites.  CVS and Walgreens also have testing but you need an appointment.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

someone on another board said the Port just opened testing at Nomi Health which I believe is next to one of the Carnival terminals or near Seamen's Park.  Maybe someone on the Florida board has provided information.  But here's a link to the main website

Nomi Health | COVID Response

Otherwise, MIA has two testing sites.  CVS and Walgreens also have testing but you need an appointment.

I have not heard of this (not that I am knowledgeable in this area nor familiar with Miami).  We have been scrambling for the past couple weeks trying to figure out how to get tested between a November Side-2-side (carnival and princess - arrival and departure same day but POM and pt Everglades.)  We have a couple ideas percolating but they involve travel here and there and added stress.  A test right at POM would be great if it was not absorbent in price ($80-90 seems to be the going rate for a rapid antigen test.)

Don

35 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

I have not heard of this (not that I am knowledgeable in this area nor familiar with Miami).  We have been scrambling for the past couple weeks trying to figure out how to get tested between a November Side-2-side (carnival and princess - arrival and departure same day but POM and pt Everglades.)  We have a couple ideas percolating but they involve travel here and there and added stress.  A test right at POM would be great if it was not absorbent in price ($80-90 seems to be the going rate for a rapid antigen test.)

Don

coming from BC, not sure what the requirements are as I know other Canadian cruisers on these boards have been upset by various protocols.  But if the website or contact with Nomi doesn't pan out, if it were me, I'd self debark from Carnival, grab a taxi to MIA and find one of those 2 sites, then head out to FLL for your second leg.  There's also this:

COVID Testing for Travel at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (covidfll.com)

I am on the same boat as the OP - booked on the MSC Meraviglia, disembark and walk to the next terminal to board the Carnival Horizon. 

Current thinking is:

Plan A: Do the BinaxNOW Procter Test while onboard the Meraviglia 2 days before arrival, banking on good onboard internet connection. Purchase the Browse and Stream package. 

Plan B: Do the BinaxNOW Protect Test just before disembarkation in Miami. Need good cell signal.

Plan C : Take an Uber to a "suitable" location in Miami and do the BinaxNOW Test; probably a Starbucks and any Hotel lobby. 

Plan D : See whether MSC will do the antigen test onboard (at a cost), give us the test result and hopefully Carnival will accept.

A lot can go wrong but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

1 hour ago, rogd0262 said:

I am on the same boat as the OP - booked on the MSC Meraviglia, disembark and walk to the next terminal to board the Carnival Horizon. 

Current thinking is:

Plan A: Do the BinaxNOW Procter Test while onboard the Meraviglia 2 days before arrival, banking on good onboard internet connection. Purchase the Browse and Stream package. 

Plan B: Do the BinaxNOW Protect Test just before disembarkation in Miami. Need good cell signal.

Plan C : Take an Uber to a "suitable" location in Miami and do the BinaxNOW Test; probably a Starbucks and any Hotel lobby. 

Plan D : See whether MSC will do the antigen test onboard (at a cost), give us the test result and hopefully Carnival will accept.

A lot can go wrong but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

Assuming the Horizon is in the next terminal you may want to check out that NOMI Health website.  It would be on the way.  But if you can find a relatively quiet corner in the Seamen's Cafe, they have free wifi.  That's at the park between Terminal F and E

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, suzk2275a said:

Would the proctored Binax Now tests (from eMed) work for you?  You could carry them onboard and then test when you get back to port. 

Yes, I already have 6 of them and will bring them all with us and putting them inside the safe lol!!! 

• Like 1

From the Port Miami official website (https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/)

Important Notice fr

• Miami-Dade County continues to monitor COVID-19. Get the updates and find testing sites.
  • PortMiami along with Nomi health will be administering Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson vaccines at Cruise Terminal J, from 8am - 4pm, weekends included. Booster shots are also available for those who qualify. This service is open to the public and will run until the end of the year.om 8am - 4pm, weekends included. Booster shots are also available for those who qualify. This service is open to the public and will run through to the end of the year.
Edited by capriccio

On 10/14/2021 at 1:10 PM, Mud_Shark said:

Don

Go on the Nomi Health website and use the chat to confirm if all testing is offered at all sites. They do the testing at the airports and offer rapid antigen tests for $79 however I've read that airport testing is only for people arriving or departing on same day flights. Testing at the non-airport locations is actually free (I was told that on the chat when I inquired about the cost for non-airport sites) and there are 2 at the Miami cruise port - one at Terminal J and one at Terminal E. I don't know if the antigen tests done there are rapid or the kind that they say can take up to 24 hours for results. There's also a place called Fast Labs (fastlabsmed.com) that says you'll get rapid testing results within minutes, however I think they charge $135. But, if the Nomi at the port doesn't offer rapid antigen testing, Fast Labs might be your best bet. 

I found this link: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/covid19-location.page?Mduid_covid19-location=cov1605900293675497 This is the Nomi Health testing at Terminal E and it says rapid antigen testing with results in an hour. It should be free! When I was inquiring about the cost on the Nomi website's chat, the guy told me you only have to pay for their services at the airports - the other sites are free for everyone (and I did confirm that it's free for Canadians and snapped a screen shot just in case they say otherwise in person!) Edited to add: darn it - just read the link again and this site is only open Wednesdays 😞 

Edited yet again to add that I just looked at the Nomi website and checked the times for their other spot at Terminal J and they look to be open Monday through Friday.

Edited by Ginnyfyr
I can't read

20 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

We disembark and embark on Saturday, so sounds like testing at the port is not viable for us.

Thanks for all the info.  

Don

I would keep checking because more cruises are beginning each week.  If there is a demand for weekend testing - and we all know there will be - it is just a matter of time until they offer it.