Rookie Questions

Broons77

Apologies in advance.  I'm sure the below have been asked a million times but I can't find them.

Fairly new to cruising, only 2 trips with RCCI which I enjoyed tremendously.  I'm giving NCL a try to see how I like them - Boston to Bermuda in May and can't wait!

Both DW and I use CPaps and we were able to get distilled water on our earlier cruises, will I need to bring my own on NCL?  And can I bring a small power strip with me?  RCCI didn't allow this.

Am I allowed to carry on bottled water or am I restricted to buying the packs NCL sells?

TIA!

So, I also have a cpap but this is my first time bringing it onboard a ship (just started cpap about a year and a half ago).  You can email NCL's Access Desk and let them know that you need distilled water in your cabin.  They will provide that but the extension cords are extremely limited so I'm planning on bringing my own.  Make sure it is NOT surge protected!!! Also, someone else gave me a great tip of keeping it in its original package (I bought a new one off Amazon) and pack it in your cpap case. 

You are limited to what water NCL sells or make due with fountain/tap water.  I've never had an issue with ship water. 

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Both DW and I use CPaps and we were able to get distilled water on our earlier cruises, will I need to bring my own on NCL?  And can I bring a small power strip with me?  RCCI didn't allow this.

There is probably not going to be a outlet anywhere near the bed. We carry a light weight 12' and 6' extension cord,,, but you may want to carry one additional 12' cord for your second CPAP. 

15 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Apologies in advance.  I'm sure the below have been asked a million times but I can't find them.

Fairly new to cruising, only 2 trips with RCCI which I enjoyed tremendously.  I'm giving NCL a try to see how I like them - Boston to Bermuda in May and can't wait!

Am I allowed to carry on bottled water or am I restricted to buying the packs NCL sells?

TIA!

I don't know anyone named TIA but...

Notify accessdesk@ncl.com that you use a cpap and they will provide he water required.

Power strip NO
Bottled water NO

there is one outlet near t he bed. i have always brought my cpap machine, and the room steward was always gracious enough to provide an extension cord. of course slipping him an extra $20 couldnt hurt.

and yes, you can pre-request distilled water.

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I don't know anyone named TIA but...

Notify accessdesk@ncl.com that you use a cpap and they will provide he water required.

Power strip NO
Bottled water NO

A 4 socket power strip sat, plugged in, on our dresser on Getaway for 10 nights with no mention of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, complawyer said:

must have gone over my head also. only tia i have ever heard of was a trans-ischemic attack which is kind of like a mini-stroke.

by the way, you sound rather belligerent in your 2 responses. i hope it's just my imagination

Nope, not your imagination 😂