Live From the Emerald Princess 10/15/21 LA-Port Everglades Panama Cruise

gmcwalker

2 hours ago, KathyJ said:

Has anyone used the Sanctuary on this cruise?

Yes, we are. It’s fantastic, as always. 

Rui managed to put together another group for the Chef’s Table. I *think* it’s going to be the night before the Panama Canal, but iIkm not certain. A letter was just delivered today about it but I haven’t read it to get the specifics. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Rui managed to put together another group for the Chef’s Table. I *think* it’s going to be the night before the Panama Canal, but iIkm not certain. A letter was just delivered today about it but I haven’t read it to get the specifics. 

Hmm.. no WM Dinner?  Guess it depends on demand and number of guests who know to ask. 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:20 PM, LACruiser88 said:
On 10/17/2021 at 4:43 AM, Grego said:

Yeah!!!!  I wonder if Carlos from Portugal is still on Rui's team as a head waiter?

We are excited to be with Rui again.

Rui Pereira....

Correction -- ANTONIO from Portugal, not CARLOS from Portugal, is the Matre' D at Botecelli.  Sorry about that.

--Scott

On 10/17/2021 at 4:43 AM, Grego said:

Yeah!!!!  I wonder if Carlos from Portugal is still on Rui's team as a head waiter?

We are excited to be with Rui again.

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hi All,

I see that a Chef's Table is on the way. Any idea how to put my name on the list?

--Scott - Dolphin 629

1 hour ago, TucsonIllini said:

Hi All,

I see that a Chef's Table is on the way. Any idea how to put my name on the list?

--Scott - Dolphin 629

Call the Dining Inquiries line from your cabin phone or tell the your dining room front desk staff.

Edited by gmcwalker

1 hour ago, gmcwalker said:

Rui said the the Wine Dinner was not being offered on this class of ships for now.

DOH!!!!  I know that!!!  This is Crown Class.  It's (WMD) only on Royal Class. 

I think what threw me off is the Chef's Dinner price was mentioned at $115 - the same as Chef's Lumiere on Royal Class.  The Chef's Dinner on smaller ships was $95 last I knew (pre-Covid).  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:16 PM, CruiserRob said:

D8F6E1C3-04D5-4C64-AB22-4F1D3DC42065.thumb.jpeg.dfb9493bbeb9e98f3ffe40aa06bb4bb3.jpegEmpty aft pool

Thanks for the great shot of my aft balcony Lol.  I love to book inside aft cabins on the Riviera deck 14, a little walk and a few steps up and I’m on my huge balcony.   I don’t mind sharing it with others 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Therese S. said:

Thanks for the great shot of my aft balcony Lol.  I love to book inside aft cabins on the Riviera deck 14, a little walk and a few steps up and I’m on my huge balcony.   I don’t mind sharing it with others 😆

Your Aft Balcony has been closed as of Tuesday night and probably the next several days as they decided to replace the deck during their  first cruise instead of before or after. More than a few are upset about it including myself. I'm in the an aft cabin too on the Riviera deck for the same reason.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grego said:

They were on the Pacific Princess and my wife remembers that he told her he liked her formal night dress.  Hope they we will still be on board when we sail on the 6th of November.

They said that they will be on until February.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmcwalker said:

Your Aft Balcony has been closed as of Tuesday night and probably the next several days as they decided to replace the deck during their  first cruise instead of before or after. More than a few are upset about it including myself. I'm in the an aft cabin too on the Riviera deck for the same reason.

Pescado Amarillo stated in her blog that it wasn't planned that way. Apparently, the people that do the job couldn't get visas until now.

It's been too long, so I can't remember.

I was reading through the Patters and noticed that fitness classes aren't listed (yoga, stretch) other than Zumba which is held in a lounge. 

In the past were they listed or are they just not being offered?

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Pescado Amarillo stated in her blog that it wasn't planned that way. Apparently, the people that do the job couldn't get visas until now.

Yes, but there is a 6 day gap from when we reach Port Everglades until the Emerald sails again, which would have worked better for us the guests.

After almost a whole week on this ship, I am just now dragging out my laptop.  LOL!  (for some reason I am unable to reply, or post anything from my iPhone.) I've met so many interesting people, me who thought I would be spending this cruise alone at dinner.  Our dinner table now has about 8 women all sailing solo.  A few of us try to meet for lunch in the MDR too.

This has been a fantastic cruise.  I have enjoyed visiting with all the cruise critic members.  The crew is wonderful, the ship is great, and the passengers are a diverse interesting group.

This was the perfect cruise for me to pick after the last 18months stoppage.  I don't have much to add to what so many have already discussed. But I hope to keep up with this thread a bit better.

• Like 12

17 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

After almost a whole week on this ship, I am just now dragging out my laptop.  LOL!  (for some reason I am unable to reply, or post anything from my iPhone.) I've met so many interesting people, me who thought I would be spending this cruise alone at dinner.  Our dinner table now has about 8 women all sailing solo.  A few of us try to meet for lunch in the MDR too.

This has been a fantastic cruise.  I have enjoyed visiting with all the cruise critic members.  The crew is wonderful, the ship is great, and the passengers are a diverse interesting group.

This was the perfect cruise for me to pick after the last 18months stoppage.  I don't have much to add to what so many have already discussed. But I hope to keep up with this thread a bit better.

Really glad you are having a great time and that you have made 7 new friends, hopefully for life!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, dreams_of_travel said:

I agree with you!  So many cheerful and friendly crew.  Maricar, who greets us with so much enthusiasm each morning before entering the buffet, is one of our favorites.  She is an absolute delight!  

We had dinner in Sabatini’s last night and the service was great.  Riza an Agnelo took great care of us.  Nice venue and great food.

• Like 1

Just got some bad news. Apparently there is confusion between the Bridge and the Panamanian authorities regarding the type of Covid-19 test required for those who may come into contact with the Panamanian pilot, who was to board the ship at 5:00am.

The Captain said we were advised previously that an Antigen test was all that was required, but now the Panamanians require a PCR test of our crew. Though we have a lab to process results onboard, the delay has caused us to lose our Canal entry slot, for which no replacement slots are immediately available.

As we gaze upon the horizon, we see dozens of ships waiting to enter the Canal. Apparently, we must go to the back of the line, which may cost us 24-48 hours, or more. At least one or two of our A-B-C island visits will be cancelled, and the Captain has promised unspecified compensation.

To be continued...

• Thanks 3