Luminae on Apex and MDR Menus

Want2Cruise 701

Are you still allowed the main dining menus?  Looking over the Luminae menus, we are not finding much to our liking.  It seems Luminae menus have considerably changed since we last cruised in a suite.  I could be wrong, but since Luminae is not located near the main dining on Edge ships, it seems to me that you wouldn't be able to have access to those menus.  TIA!

Unfortunately on Apex and Edge, as you point out, the kitchens are on opposite ends of the ship so you can't order off of the MDR menu on those ships. And in our experience, not something they would do, even if asked.  Whereas they share the same kitchen on S class and M Class so it's no problem to.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Are you still allowed the main dining menus?  Looking over the Luminae menus, we are not finding much to our liking.  It seems Luminae menus have considerably changed since we last cruised in a suite.  I could be wrong, but since Luminae is not located near the main dining on Edge ships, it seems to me that you wouldn't be able to have access to those menus.  TIA!

There are "classic" menu selections in Luminae offered every day.  If you are in a premium suite you can dine in Specialty Restaurants no charge.  You can also look at the Luminae menu during the day and make an alternative dining choice that day if you don't like the offerings.  The APEX has four MDR choices, and there are multiple specialty restaurants,  and there is the Oceanview Buffet and the use of room service.  No need to feel obligated to Luminae dining.

• Thanks 1

the good news is that you are discovering this before you board. 

You could also talk to the Maitre'd on board to see if there are Gluten Free or Veggie menus that you eat.  Luminae is not a "make us what we want " place, but they would be reasonable with requests.  Maybe space on the side or explain what you don't like about the menu.  "Too weird" is not an answer that they would understand 

As someone suggested  you can always eat at the OC or any of the MDRs.  The food there is less adventuresome.  As an outside, take a look at the Blu menu.  Suite guests can eat there space available