QV alternative dining

jimbo1683

Please can someone explain to me what alternative dining within Kings Court means? I see there are a range of cuisines but how is this done - presumably its not part of the buffet? Is there  cover charge or is it included?

First off just to clarify, Kings Court is on QM2. Since you are asking about QV, the Alternative Dining venue is part of the Lido. Each evening a section of the Lido is closed off to become a restaurant with table service. In the past, the various themes for the Alternative Dining venue have been:

Aztec (Mexican)
Coriander (Indian Bistro)
Bamboo (Pan Asian)
La Piazza (Italian)
Smokehouse (American)

Each evening the menu will be one of these themes. Typically the theme changes after a run of about three or four consecutive evenings with the same theme.

There is a cover charge for the Alternative Dining venue. The latest price I have is $19.50 per person.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Please can someone explain to me what alternative dining within Kings Court means? I see there are a range of cuisines but how is this done - presumably its not part of the buffet? Is there  cover charge or is it included?

CC members have given good advice, but one would add a Cunarder tip.

When taking La Piazza there is an insignificant looking item in the menu, something like house special pasta (can’t fully remember).  This is a wonderful pasta dish, full of delicious seafood, you select favourites from presentation.. It is then prepared and served at your table.