If You Could Book Any Cabin on the Summit, with the Exception of a Suite, What Would it be????

Ugaaucruisers

Right you are!  Mixed my photos between the two FVs there!  As you can tell, we've been in both.  

Have you seen any pax photos that detail how these look post-rev?  I've seen one or two from X.  Looks like the pocket door may be gone now.

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Right you are!  Mixed my photos between the two FVs there!  As you can tell, we've been in both.  

Have you seen any pax photos that detail how these look post-rev?  I've seen one or two from X.  Looks like the pocket door may be gone now.

I should have said that your earlier point was well made--I wasn't trying to sound critical.

@Turtles06 posted a review of the post Revolution FV that is very good:

But I will warn you that I don't think you will be pleased.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I should have said that your earlier point was well made--I wasn't trying to sound critical.

@Turtles06 posted a review of the post Revolution FV that is very good:

But I will warn you that I don't think you will be pleased.

Can't say I'm jazzed by the new decor, but that's inescapable post-rev in any cabin.  The basic size and layout still work for me!

For longer cruises (I don't think we were ever in an FV for less than 10 nts) the extra closet space avoided a big wardrobe jam-up.  

Edited by canderson

1 hour ago, njpln said:

Definitely aft facing balcony (concierge).  The balcony is HUGE.  We were booked on decks 7 and 8 several times and it was great.

Agree, if you can get any aft facing balcony (concierge) on decks 7 or 8, they are amazing. 

21 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

We are booking a cruise on the Summit.  So many choices because there are not many booked on the ship.  Prices are great for all categories.  Please weigh in.  Thanks!!

Thanks everyone. We booked 7199 and had our TA mark the reservation “ do not upgrade or move”. We can’t wait and thanks again!!!
Laura

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atwell said:

Agree, if you can get any aft facing balcony (concierge) on decks 7 or 8, they are amazing. 

It's funny how some folks love those aft-facing balconies.  We tried it once and didn't like it at all.  My advice?  Try anything once.  See if you like it.

2 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

It's funny how some folks love those aft-facing balconies.  We tried it once and didn't like it at all.  My advice?  Try anything once.  See if you like it.

Am curious, since we're definitely "some folks" ... we've gone so far as to pick itineraries based upon availability of them ... What was it that you didn't like about it?

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

Am curious, since we're definitely "some folks" ... we've gone so far as to pick itineraries based upon availability of them ... What was it that you didn't like about it?

First let me say that there's nothing I love more than being out on the ocean,  and I find it to be the most relaxing vacation on earth.  I am mesmerized and lulled by the ship's movement through the water.  But the aft cabin?  It was a strange feeling of only seeing what's behind us, instead of looking ahead.  Almost like I was missing something, missing the excitement of watching us moving through the water.  To me, it actually felt more melancholy than relaxing.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

First let me say that there's nothing I love more than being out on the ocean,  and I find it to be the most relaxing vacation on earth.  I am mesmerized and lulled by the ship's movement through the water.  But the aft cabin?  It was a strange feeling of only seeing what's behind us, instead of looking ahead.  Almost like I was missing something, missing the excitement of watching us moving through the water.  To me, it actually felt more melancholy than relaxing.  

I am with you, give me a full forward facing, bow of the ship cabin any day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

It was a strange feeling of only seeing what's behind us, instead of looking ahead.  Almost like I was missing something, missing the excitement of watching us moving through the water.  To me, it actually felt more melancholy than relaxing.  

Interesting take.  That issue may be part of the attraction of the M-class corners like 7199 where, out on the veranda, it's almost a full 270 degree view opportunity, including forward if you like.  You don't get that from the others along the stern (except for the PH!).  It was really sweet for an Inside Passage cruise where there's so much to see a lot of the time.  But there's only 6 of these, and the two on 9 can get a little noisy at night as they reorg the Sunset Bar, leaving only 4.

• Like 2