Home PCR test override positive Antigen test at pier.

cpmken

Just spoke with NCL about our cruise… agent said that if we have a negative PCR test within 96 hours at home and somehow test positive with the Antigen test at the pier the PCR negative “overrides” the antigen and we will be allowed to board.

this is contrary to everything I have read online.

Any idea if the agent is full of BS?

I'd say....don't put your money on that.  Problem is you could have picked up the virus since your previous negative test.  You will get a second test at the dock to verify the positive though.  Also, a home test, unless it a proctored type, verified, other than letting you personally know you are ok, won't work at the dock if you need NCL to cover positive then quarantined.  

Edited by roger001
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cpmken said:

Just spoke with NCL about our cruise… agent said that if we have a negative PCR test within 96 hours at home and somehow test positive with the Antigen test at the pier the PCR negative “overrides” the antigen and we will be allowed to board.

@BirdTravels gave this advise to someone yesterday. 

"Read, re-read, and re-read again the information the cruise line is sending you about your specific cruise. That is what you need to focus on. Failure to follow cruise line instructions, which take into account your ports of call, may result in you be denied boarding. And could be considered failure to abide by cruise line health and safety protocols."

It is EXCELLENT advice!  My personal "Thank You" to BirdTravels!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cpmken said:

You are talking to a minimum wage call center person (think about your just-out-of-high-school kid answering a phone), who just feels good if he makes you feel good. 

If you have followed other threads (people testing negative at home, but testing positive at check-in), people who test positive with the rapid test at check-in are given a PCR test. And when they fail that test, they are whisked away to isolation along with close contacts. 

Edited by BirdTravels

6 hours ago, cpmken said:

You're joking, right?