Shareholder benefit very slow process

thisislou

On 10/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, cruzsnooze said:

I've always used the Fax and that seems to get results within a day or so.

Not for us this time.  Faxed a week ago and so far nothing....unless I am looking for it in the wrong place on the personalizer?  Where did you see it?

On 11/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, rj59 said:

Has anyone had a s/h obc refused? I and many others on the Carnival boards have had obc denied for 2022 cruises, because they are ‘reduced-rate’. It’s making me consider switching from the Panorama to Majestic in January, since $200 in s/h and military obc on Princess makes the fares roughly equal. I’m just afraid of Princess using the same justification for stiffing shareholders, no matter how short-sighted it would be. 

We have had it happen with Royal Caribbean but never with Princess.
RCI has a policy that if you got a "deal" or discounted rate they will not give the OBC.  Now, who ever sails without any kind of deal or promo?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Not for us this time.  Faxed a week ago and so far nothing....unless I am looking for it in the wrong place on the personalizer?  Where did you see it?

Go to payments in the far right hand corner at the top. Scroll down to credits. If you don’t see the stock credit call this number (800 872 6779 ext. 30317) for stock info. I called them today & someone answered right away & my credit was applied. Try this number & post what happens. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

Just now, trbarton said:

Go to payments in the far right hand corner at the top. Scroll down to credits. If you don’t see the stock credit call this number (800 872 6779 ext. 30317) for stock info. I called them today & someone answered right away & my credit was applied. Try this number & post what happens. 

Tom😀

Thanks!  Will do!

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Thanks!  Will do!

Just called and they said they are working on the Nov. 2-3 submissions and they are very busy.  
Ours was faxed in a week ago.

I know in the past, it might only take a few hours.  That was then...this is now!  

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

Interesting as I was on the Princess Chat yesterday & they gave me the following number 1-800-774-6237 but your phone number sounds better. What information did they want from you?

Tom😀

Tom, I called that number and all they wanted was booking number, sail date.  They reviewed my account and checked their notes for my booking.  If they dont have your documents you will need to send them again.

1 hour ago, 1gr8cruise said:

Tom, I called that number and all they wanted was booking number, sail date.  They reviewed my account and checked their notes for my booking.  If they dont have your documents you will need to send them again.

They already had my documents on file from my October 31st cruise so it was real easy. 

They are really swamped since the cruising has started back up plus they are under staffed. 

Glad to have the credit. 

Tom😀

13 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm often skeptical regarding the veracity of statements made by CSRs, especially those who work for cruise lines.  But I can vouch for the fact that I did submit on 11/2 and was given the OBC today.

Same here. I sent my info in on 11/3 and the credit appeared this morning.

I initially submitted our request the same way I always have which is via fax and patiently waited, checking every few days to see if anything had been updated on our cruises.  After three weeks and nothing happening or updating to give us the OBC decided to go ahead and give the "new" method of submitting via e-mail a shot three days ago and when I looked this morning all four of our cruises have been updated with our shareholder OBC.   

23 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

This is why you shouldn't own the stock and just place concurrent buy and sell orders and send in the buy confirmation for the stockholders benefit, as it is looking more and more iffy, especially for Carnival cruisers.  I was denied on 2 Carnival cruises for which I paid the publicly available rate and so far (2+ weeks) on a Princess cruising booked with FCC.  

Hardly ethical there, but I also realize a guest could own the stock already and sell it after getting OBC posted but before sailing.  Whether requesting it in the last month before sailing, or a year ahead of time, the process is subject to abuse.  Hopefully, the vast majority of guests do not abuse the system since Princess doesn't actually audit all of the investment statements - but I suppose they could if they suspected any fraud.  I am not even sure if they could really check into someone without a court order. 

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hardly ethical there, but I also realize a guest could own the stock already and sell it after getting OBC posted but before sailing.  

For years, they had a requirement that the statement be from no more than 60 days prior to departure, which lessened the window for the post-OBC sale, but certainly wouldn't eliminate it. I notice that's no longer the case.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, trbarton said:

Interesting as I was on the Princess Chat yesterday & they gave me the following number 1-800-774-6237 but your phone number sounds better. What information did they want from you?

Tom😀

They asked me what email address I used to send it in. They used that to search through their (presumably large) backlog of emails. Good luck!!

I submitted my request for my 12/5/21 sailing on the Grand Princess on 11/13/21.  I just noticed this morning the shareholder credit had been applied to my account.  It's not instantaneous but it's there in plenty o' time, so I'm a happy camper.  Um, I mean I'm a happy sailor.  Bon Voyage to all!

5 hours ago, Kenswing said:

I emailed on 11/4 so hopefully we're close.  

When we originally booked our Sep 2022 cruise a couple of months ago I faxed the request and it was posted that evening!  We "re-fared" our cruise early last week which dropped the previous approval and I re-faxed it - no love yet 🙂

44 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

When we originally booked our Sep 2022 cruise a couple of months ago I faxed the request and it was posted that evening!  We "re-fared" our cruise early last week which dropped the previous approval and I re-faxed it - no love yet 🙂

If you refared thru a Princess rep or PVP they can restore it without any issue.  Mine dropped off last week, emailed my PVP and she was able and to restore right away.

A lot of the lag time is because individuals are faxing and emailing multiple times for cruises in 2022 and beyond for credits that don’t appear in a couple of days.   Give the team a break, they are working remote and doing the best they can.

• Like 1

I emailed my request for credit in late October and never received the credit or a reply.  Our cruise leaves this coming Sunday, so I called the number listed above last night (800 872 6779 ext. 30317), waited on hold about five minutes, and spoke with a very nice young lady who took care of the credit for our two upcoming cruises.  She said they were swamped with email requests.  Just call.  Easy Peasy.

I just got off the phone with the folks that handle the shareholder credits and they asked me to post some info.  As of today they are working on e-mails they received on Nov 5 and their office has been completely swamped with cruise credit requests.  They specifically urge cruisers to e-mail their shareholder requests (sbpcl@princesscruisers.com) rather than using snail mail or fax.  She explained that with the current procedures e-mail is the best route.  Since they are running weeks behind it is wise to get the requests in a bit early.  They appreciate everyone's patience.

Hank

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I just got off the phone with the folks that handle the shareholder credits and they asked me to post some info.  As of today they are working on e-mails they received on Nov 5 and their office has been completely swamped with cruise credit requests.  They specifically urge cruisers to e-mail their shareholder requests (sbpcl@princesscruisers.com)) rather than using snail mail or fax.  She explained that with the current procedures e-mail is the best route.  Since they are running weeks behind it is wise to get the requests in a bit early.  They appreciate everyone's patience.

Hank

Thanks for this update.  

For those asking for the email address, here is the link: 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

click on the "click here to view our shareholder benefit" and it takes you to the annually updated page with the submission requirements and instructions.