Non All Inclusive Beach

macaroni

22 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Any suggestions for a quiet beautiful beach that is NOT all inclusive…..just want to rent some lounges, umbrellas and buy a few drinks.

thank you for any suggestions!

Close to the ports you are going to find iron shore so the beaches are going to be man-made and, by default, IF they are close to the port, they are unlikely to be quiet. SO, it really depends what your main goal is - budget friendly excursion, quiet, actual beach?

There are plenty of non-AI options but they won’t all fulfill all your criteria.

A few of our favorites: 

Del Mar Latino Beach club - AI, BUT presently only $29pp - pool, but no beach. Adult only. Walking distance of International or Puerta Maya.

Money Bar - no beach.

Paradise Beach - PAYG but large beach club. Good facilities but elbow to elbow on beach. Popular with cruisers, especially families.

Further afield, therefore taxi more expensive, Palancar (south) or Playa Azul beach club (north).

For best quiet beaches, east side (no ocean swimming due to currents). More expensive transport and need to arrange return transport as limited cellphone signal. Cash only. I would suggest taxi for the day ( we use ToursPlaza) or negotiate hourly rate at taxi stand - Day at Punta Morena (get loungers away from main restaurant area); El Pescador/Chen Rio; towel on the sand at San Martin (limited facilities); day at Punta Sur ( entrance fee to park).

If you let us know atmosphere you are looking for it would be easier to make suggestions. 

16 hours ago, macaroni said:

A quiet beautiful swimmable beach….nice water and sand. Don’t need activities…lounges and umbrellas only.

thank you….

OK, in that case I stand by my original suggestions and think you will have to compromise in Cozumel. 

Best swimmable beaches are south of the piers at the AI resorts like Allegra or Occidental, or possibly AI Nachi Cocum beach club.  Palancar is in the same area and used to be quiet due to distance from the port. Pre-covid it had become popular amongst people seeking somewhere quieter! Not sure how it stands now. 

As I recall Paradise Beach still has a non-AI option.  Sandy bottom.  Same for Playa Corona. Also Money Bar-with iron shore for snorkeling.  Toward San MIguel, Sting Ray and Sunset are two other options.  I think all have a beach entrance fee, but usually that gets counted toward food and drink.

18 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

As I recall Paradise Beach still has a non-AI option.  Sandy bottom.  Same for Playa Corona. Also Money Bar-with iron shore for snorkeling.  Toward San MIguel, Sting Ray and Sunset are two other options.  I think all have a beach entrance fee, but usually that gets counted toward food and drink.

LOL, usually agree with you, @crewsweeperbut have to disagree this time.

I know it is subjective but “quiet beautiful beach” don’t come to mind for Corona, Money Bar, StingRay or Sunset. All good for snorkeling but OP said they didn’t want activities.

Paradise does still have PAYG I believe and a beach, but I don’t consider it quiet.

As I said I think  OP will have to compromise- there are quiet places with relaxing loungers with a view of the ocean, there are places with swimmable beaches - not many that have both, that are not AI, or require more expensive transport.