Flight home out of MIA is at 430 pm, how to kill time?

basketballdad

So we debark probably 930 am ish on October 30 Saturday in Miami off the Symphony of the Seas.  We could not get a flight home  til 430pm.  We have done the Everglades several times.  2 adults, 2 suitecases.  What would you do to kill the day?  We thought about going and checking in our luggage as soon as they will allow (what is it, 5 hours, IDK) and then taking the lightrail or free bus back to the beach area but then what?  Ideas?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, basketballdad said:

Ideas?

Rent a car from one of the car rental agencies that have shuttles at the port of Miami. Go sightseeing and then return your car at the Airport. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, basketballdad said:

Ideas

I'd take my time disembarking and go directly to the airport, sit around in a quiet area and read a book and check my luggage in about 1:30 if they'll take it.  Pre-purchase a lounge pass and kill a couple of hours there before the flight.

Take a trolley tour in front of Bayfront Park to see Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and around downtown.  Or take a boat tour of Biscayne Bay including 'Millionaire's Row' from Bayfront Park (behind Victoria's Secret at Bayfront Park shopping area).  Take the Metrorail from downtown to Kendall and go shopping at Dadeland Mall (just a short walk from the Dadeland North Metrorail Station).  Take a taxi to Little Havana for shopping and lunch or go to South Beach over on Miami Beach.  Take the trolley to Coconut Grove for lunch and shopping. Enjoy the weather!

btw, I don't know of 'light rail or free bus to the beach area' if you're talking about Miami Beach.  There's a bus but it's not free and there are no beaches around downtown Miami.

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 1

For our cruise next month on Freedom we have a 9:15 PM flight home (purposely to spend more time in MIA) we reserved a "room for the day" at a resort where we also have access to the resort amenities including pool, beach chairs and umbrella and a check out time of 6:00 PM.

Hotels By Day

https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en