Reduced Capacity Sailings

bac513

While researching our next cruise, tier benefits and protocols, I noticed a change. Previously, The Retreat was open to suite passengers and Captains Club top tier members, Celebrity is changing access to suite passengers only to insure social distancing.

Edited by BelloMundo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BelloMundo said:

While researching our next cruise, tier benefits and protocols, I noticed a change. Previously, The Retreat was open to suite passengers and Captains Club top tier members, Celebrity is changing access to suite passengers only to insure social distancing.

They announced that back when sailing were about to start.  It was said to be temporary, time will tell.

• Like 1

Only social distancing is by passengers, at the gym people are spacing themselves on treadmills and ellipticals, same in theater.  Luminae, Retreat, Martini bar and Eden shoulder to shoulder much of the time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Has anyone noticed social distancing or capacity restrictions onboard.

I've seen little or nothing in the way of restrictions.  Frankly, with the vaccination and testing requirements, that does not make me uncomfortable in the least.  With the reduced capacity, there is plenty of room to distance one's self if one so desires, the sole exception I've seen being Luminae (and you can actually do a pretty decent job most of the time in Luminae, at least on Summit).

• Like 1

I had heard that Celebrity would steadily increase passenger capacities. July 24th we sailed Edge and it was at 40% capacity which was very nice.  Sailing Millennium on 11 NOV and its shows all of Aqua Class sold out so I am worried capacity will be near 100%, will see. 

26 minutes ago, mk960072 said:

I had heard that Celebrity would steadily increase passenger capacities. July 24th we sailed Edge and it was at 40% capacity which was very nice.  Sailing Millennium on 11 NOV and its shows all of Aqua Class sold out so I am worried capacity will be near 100%, will see. 

We are on the connie leaving Nov 12.  Put in a move up  bid for Aqua as there are approximately 60 A1 & A2 cabins available.     I'm hoping to get moved as I love Blu and the Persian Gardens

While cruiseships are indeed leaving a large % of cabins passenger free, the truth is that Cruiselines make the most Money from Suites.   People who had money, still have money....Suites are always the first to sell.   Celebrity is selling their suites at 100% occupancy and then paring back and closing floors of inside cabins, window cabins and regular balcony cabins.....Those are a harder sell and don't bring in the Square foot revenue that suites do....So Actually, the busiest dining rooms onboard Celebrity is Luminae as suites are usually full.   The main dining room was a ghost town in Europe this summer....Just an FYI.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

While cruiseships are indeed leaving a large % of cabins passenger free, the truth is that Cruiselines make the most Money from Suites.   People who had money, still have money....Suites are always the first to sell.   Celebrity is selling their suites at 100% occupancy and then paring back and closing floors of inside cabins, window cabins and regular balcony cabins.....Those are a harder sell and don't bring in the Square foot revenue that suites do....So Actually, the busiest dining rooms onboard Celebrity is Luminae as suites are usually full.   The main dining room was a ghost town in Europe this summer....Just an FYI.  

Yes they make more money on suites based upon the slice called revenue per cabin.  But there are relatively few suites on board even on the E-Class ships compared to all other cabins.  So the non-suite cabins still pay most of the bills and generate most of the revenue.