Not many CVS rapid anti-gen test site?

aprilsp88

I tried several times to get rapid at CVS for this cruise tomorrow. For my cruise on Sept 23 I could make appointment 2 weeks prior for either test at every location around me. I came back & tried to book  for this cruise & there was nothing for rapid in all of Ca. I called many numbers & went in to 2 CVS & they say they are booking & doing tests but they are not. 

In LA area there is a place called Total Testing Solutions with many locations around LA & results came in 45 minutes, no charge. We tried to give them our insurance card & they said they didn't need it - tests were free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Re-tired said:

We got appointments for the rapid test at the CVS in Pasadena,  Sierra Madre/San Pasqual.

Interesting, I live close to there & could never find an appointment. Just went to the site & they have a couple of appointments far away for rapid

• Like 1

21 hours ago, USC Sailor said:

I asked about this at my local Walgreens in the San Francisco Bay Area and they told me they did not do any rapid tests in California which was why when I searched on their website they only gave me locations in Washington, Oregon and Nevada. I have been able to find some available appointments at ONE CVS in my area, then the next CVS doing the rapid test is 30 miles away in San Francisco, so that seems really limited but at least those are available.

I googled covid rapid antigen test SF peninsula... found a site I had never heard of in San Bruno.  So for those looking for providers you might do a similar search and see what you find.  The site I found in San Bruno does the rapid antigen test with results available in 30 minutes,  for a fee of $59 each.    Checking out the site with an mock booking, I found I could also book appointments in advance.   Good luck find something that works for you. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 12:56 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Were they manned?

Did they have a phone on the outside to make an appointment (lol)?

Did they have a take a number stand?

I have gone to several CVS's booths...no long lines.  That's because no one can get an appointment. 

I am going to walk by today, and check the details for you.

If nothing else, maybe my prints are finally ready!

I ordered the telemed test from  Optum using the link on the Princess site.  And I was shocked at how easy the process is and how convenient.  It was stressful  than trying to feel that I could rely on finding a test and getting the results back in time to board with the 48 hour rule.  My neighbors, a family of 4 went to Canada a month or so ago.  They all went and got their tests at the same place, same time and only 3 results came back.   They had to scramble to find a mobile lab to come to the house the evening before they were leaving at 6 am.  Needless to say that cost a packet and the stress!.  No thank you.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, aprilsp88 said:

@USC SailorAre you referring to the Walnut creek location? The only 2 locations I found are SF and Walnut creek. Thanks for the info.

April

Yes, I was able to book my husband and myself at CVS in Walnut Creek for Nov 4th for our LA to Mexico cruise on Nov 6th. Much closer and less hassle than driving out to San Francisco. Hope to be able to book there again for our SF to San Diego Thanksgiving cruise next month 😀

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:27 AM, LACruiser88 said:

We just made appointments at a local CVS (Agoura Hills) for Nov 4th.  They had many time slots...

@LACruiser88 Did you end up getting a Rapid Antigen test at CVS in Agoura? We are cruising next week and were thinking of going here for our Covid Tests. 

Edited by UltimateDevotion

2 hours ago, UltimateDevotion said:

@LACruiser88 Did you end up getting a Rapid Antigen test at CVS in Agoura? We are cruising next week and were thinking of going here for our Covid Tests. 

Yes, we had the Rapid test and had the results before we returned home. 

This morning we made our CVS appointments for our Dec 29th, Majestic cruise.  Tests are for the morning of Dec 27th.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:27 AM, wen_c82 said:

It seems CVS are waiting for antigen test kits. No appointments anywhere in OC when my brother was trying to book an appointment a few weeks ago. He ended up using Hoag

https://orangecountycovidclinic.com/ 

you can also search for local labs near you by using state search

https://covid19.ca.gov/get-tested/#how-to-get-tested

I would also try Long Beach city website. 

Walgreen has 1 location in OC that does rapid NAAT test but virtually impossible to get an appointment. 

Lastly buy test kits from Optum/ Emed on line. My cruise is not until next year I’m waiting for a longer expiration dates to purchase. 

good luck

Key to getting one at Walgreens is exactly 7 days ahead of when you need it at midnight. But currently they are only doing so for people who have been exposed, otherwise you have to do the longer wait test. 

6 minutes ago, mattswiss said:

Can’t find a rapid antigen test with CVS, but got an appointment for a rapid PCR test instead. Will that be accepted as well? 

Yes.  Can you share where you are getting it and when they say you will have your results?  Thank you!!