It’s time for some Margaritas, NCL Bliss Mexican Riviera LIVE review, October 24th 2021

aubreyc1988

Ok, here are some packing tips I sort of recycled from my last review, with my key items I take on every trip, no matter the climate. 

1) I love Matador products. This expands into a tote, which doubles as my purse after I am done with airport stuff. 

ARINGS2-49.thumb.JPG.bfa0b4f5aff1aa9f8bb0952c06c79c5e.JPG

ARINGS2-50.thumb.JPG.3dd4bdfbbe4de3e2e5502102ce661195.JPG

2) I use compression cubes. I limit myself to one big cube, one smaller cube per trip, sometimes I use the long skinny one for undergarments. I also usually put 1-2 dresses on top of everything else in my carry on. The picture below was for Alaska cruise where I had to take two big cubes because of bulkiness. 

ARINGS2-46.thumb.JPG.25afff2548afafe77b6f38c760db859c.JPG

3) I try to have cube sized stuff so that it really utilizes every spare space of my luggage. I put non liquid toiletries in this one. 

ARINGS2-52.thumb.JPG.da12405a193203920ca69d837143374c.JPG

ARINGS2-51.thumb.JPG.dd8fe1711e2f8e5eb8e2353c64d006b1.JPG

4) I keep all my jewelry in this jewelry roll, if you want one, go on Amazon and search for VLANDO. I am a jewelry designer so I normally bring a fair amount lol

ARINGS2-53.thumb.JPG.60f208037b66eac857e8c7d27e821419.JPG

ARINGS2-54.thumb.JPG.b54512e2f6fd0e89532f7d3228f855c8.JPG

5) Flat shoes are a must. I indulge and bring a few pairs of shoes, because what if something goes wrong with a pair and you've got to have a good, broken in pair of shoes for vacation. I will bring one pair of flip flops, one pair of these sparkly flats and use a hair tie to tie them together. I wear my tennis shoes on the plane. Rarely bring heels, forget that BS 😛

ARINGS2-55.thumb.JPG.3291308f24b892e396cf959e4ca8c5c7.JPG

ARINGS2-56.thumb.JPG.7e415ff5ed8987e67b38be4f98e5106e.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

Definitely no backpack for me.  As a matter of fact, I hate those things (no offense).  Most of the people who wear one, forget that there’s this huge bag on their back and turn around and bop the person near them. I try to keep my distance.

Isn't that the truth about getting bopped in the head by the backpacks.  It happened to me just last weekend on the flight coming back from Vegas.  Aisle seats on airplanes have become treacherous during boarding with all the backpack wearers.  As you say, no offense to Aubrey.  Greatly looking forward to her trip adventures. 

• Like 2

6) Electronics Cube (for cable organization) 

ARINGS2-63.thumb.JPG.49c1f858067f96d1af19ebdc4d358f4f.JPG

ARINGS2-64.thumb.JPG.4f12b697b2af9afea6eed0f205f81205.JPG

7) I also bring this fanny pack. I stick it in my backpack until I get through security, then I put it on my waist under my hoodie and I walk around the airport looking very lumpy. It's a hot look. I put the stuff I want/need while sitting in my seat. I will usually walk on the plane with my kindle in my hoodie pouch and this way whenever I put my backpack under the seat, I don't ever need to go pull it out during the flight to get something out of it. Also this is from Matador

ARINGS2-65.thumb.JPG.61a5a03bf86bfe6e7f90da846ec29c5d.JPG

ARINGS2-67.thumb.JPG.ae532870391b27af8e086b89d7cabc98.JPG

Packs up pretty small, as you can see. Here is the stuff I usually have in it for the flight - the black cube thing is an external charger for my apple watch. It sucks, don't buy it  lol. I bring wipes for my glasses, some wipes for my tray table, tylenol, and those hand wipe thingies that you normally get when eating wings. I love using medicine that is in packets while traveling, it is more costly but so much convenient. Also a variety of small bills for tipping I might have to do on the fly. 

ARINGS2-66.thumb.JPG.f0c4b19f84b77e62358a20682f37e332.JPG

8. Here are some photos of my bags - Carry on is "Ambeur" by Calpak in Aluminum, and my backpack is by Gonex on Amazon (not made anymore) - The backpack is rectangle shaped (Remember what I said about having square things...) and the backpack opens like a suitcase. It has two front pockets, I put my  liquid toiletries in there in case TSA wants me to pull them out, although that almost never happens as I am precheck - this backpack also fits in the spirit personal item thingy, so I use it a lot for 3 day trips. 

ARINGS2-62.thumb.JPG.cac2107f470e1f554d063edb88d9099b.JPG

Oh, the backpack also has this attached pocket for dirty laundry!

ARINGS2-58.thumb.JPG.23ae172b8ac32efe610cb4929976752d.JPG

ARINGS2-59.thumb.JPG.8104a3581792ebf4932e31983d4bcdeb.JPG

ARINGS2-60.thumb.JPG.66237c6214e2f7129e8dfee0455320c7.JPG

ARINGS2-62.JPG

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 3

I would love for you to share some of your packing tips. Definitely no backpack for me.  As a matter of fact, I hate those things (no offense).  Most of the people who 

wear one, forget that there’s this huge bag on their back and turn around and bop the person near them. I try to keep my distance.

Haha, yes best to keep your distance from me at the airport with my rectangular cube that is on my back. I do try to be aware of my surroundings though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:
2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I also bring this fanny pack. I stick it in my backpack until I get through security, then I put it on my waist under my hoodie and I walk around the airport looking very lumpy. It's a hot look.

Rarely bring heels, forget that BS 😛

Love reading your reviews, Aubrey.  You crack me up!

Found a TGI Fridays gift card in my junk drawer, went to one in the airport. Ordered a mojito, as you would expect from me 

Look at what I got 9B88CA91-FE70-4B28-ACFC-C00818F68ADF.thumb.jpeg.b4b02ec10f580becce99a5eb3570afd3.jpeg

this was enough for 5 glasses, was only 11.00!! Don’t worry, I only had two and will be sober in flight lol 

• Like 6

We were on the Encore with you September 4 but on Deck 10 so we missed the excitement you had on your balcony. We really enjoyed your excellent review and will be watching this thread as well. Curious if they listed the show Jersey Boys as entertainment. We are on the Bliss April 30, 2022 and although it still shows up on some parts of the website it has disappeared from our itinerary. We loved the show on the Bliss when we traveled in September 2019 and really hope it is just one of NCL's numerous computer glitches. Have a great sailing!

Thank you for the live thread. We will sail in 4 weeks on Bliss, second cruise with Bliss and NCL.  

Love those packing tips  I use packing cubes and find it very easy to pack and unpack. But am still working on traveling light. 

Have a great cruise! 

Hey, Aubrey, thanks for the packing tips.  I remember some of them from your previous cruise review.  Maybe on your next trip, you could show us the items you put into your packing cubes (especially the larger ones) and how you fold/roll those items. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, NikiPinkston said:

No problem, it can be a bit confusing.  The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are two separate ports, separated by Terminal Island.  NCL sails out of L.A., which is San Pedro.  The Port of L.A./San Pedro Cruise Terminal is right off the 110, right before you cross over to Long Beach (via Terminal Island) on the Vincent Thomas Bridge.  If you're coming by taxi or shuttle, they'll know where to go.  If you have any questions about the area, I'd be happy to help!  😊 We're sailing the week after you.

Los Angeles (Long Beach, California) cruise port map (printable)

This map is crazy 🙂  I live in Long Beach and San Pedro is to my left.

Hey, Aubrey, thanks for the packing tips.  I remember some of them from your previous cruise review.  Maybe on your next trip, you could show us the items you put into your packing cubes (especially the larger ones) and how you fold/roll those items. Thanks.

Will do! Didn’t think people would be interested in my clothes lol! I do a combination of rolled clothes and folded. Usually shirts/tanks are rolled, shorts and jeans are folded

• Like 1

Thanks in advance Aubrey for posting your live review.  Looking forward to following along.  We have been on this itinerary twice. Enjoyed it both times.  One of the memorable excursions we did in Cabo was the Camel ride.  Always wanted to ride a camel.  Now we have.   Something you don't get a chance to do at most port of calls.

Looks like Hurricane Rick is approaching from the south.  Hope it stays south and does not effect your vacation.  We really liked the Mexican Riviera and I think you will too.

13 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thanks in advance Aubrey for posting your live review.  Looking forward to following along.  We have been on this itinerary twice. Enjoyed it both times.  One of the memorable excursions we did in Cabo was the Camel ride.  Always wanted to ride a camel.  Now we have.   Something you don't get a chance to do at most port of calls.

Looks like Hurricane Rick is approaching from the south.  Hope it stays south and does not effect your vacation.  We really liked the Mexican Riviera and I think you will too.

If it comes, it comes! The captain will keep us safe, may be a lot of sea days haha 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzingthebriny said:

This map is crazy 🙂  I live in Long Beach and San Pedro is to my left.

Yes, if you're facing inland, San Pedro would be on your left as it's west of Long Beach.  Like all maps, the top of the map is north, so San Pedro is west -- on the left - and Long Beach is east - on your right.

Plan for tomorrow: have breakfast with a fellow CCer who is also staying at our hotel, head back to the airport to get on an NCL transfer to San Pedro, and then the testing and embarkation process. 

We are planning on going to our roll call Sailaway get together, provided I’m not getting my hair cut at that time. Yes, I’m going to get my hair cut on the cruise. I’ve never gotten my hair cut on cruise ship before and YOLO, I’m doing it! I’m an adult with adult money to spend as I see fit 😂 I would normally get my hair cut and dyed in a salon visit but I didn’t want to have to worry about getting any residual hair dye on cruise ship towels so I’ll get my hair dyed at home. I will post some before and after pictures tho 

so excited!!!  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Found a TGI Fridays gift card in my junk drawer, went to one in the airport. Ordered a mojito, as you would expect from me 

Look at what I got 9B88CA91-FE70-4B28-ACFC-C00818F68ADF.thumb.jpeg.b4b02ec10f580becce99a5eb3570afd3.jpeg

this was enough for 5 glasses, was only 11.00!! Don’t worry, I only had two and will be sober in flight lol 

Are these strawberry mojitos? 

Whenever we booked Hyatt regency lax, we got the breakfast package for 5.00 more on top of the room rate. For 2.50 pp I thought it was worth it, even if it was just coffee. It is a very nice buffet with quality pastries, hot items, etc 86404A73-8ED3-4908-87BC-43703427621C.thumb.jpeg.43cd9e4ce81bb4c314d56e61605c429b.jpeg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

On the way to the port from LAX. NCL shuttle process easy peasy 6561F4DE-953D-483E-BD2A-5848D715EDAB.thumb.jpeg.a6fcb76da27e4fe6ba07987011f17fd5.jpeg

So exciting!! I hope that you all have a wonderful cruise. I am jealous that you are cruising again. Thank you so much for posting so that I can follow along. My husband thinks I am just teasing myself, but I appreciate all the posts and pictures.  Being from the Northeast I am also jealous of your backyard. Lucky dogs of yours getting to enjoy the pool at home. 

I will be cruising in March 2022, and I am glad you posted some of your packing tips again. I need to get some of those flat shoes. 

Bon Voyage 🚢