Seashore Oct ‘21 - a review, perhaps?

Beamafar

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

.....we’ve had enough of MSC for the moment.   Taking our YC H inside cabin and changing the booking to a ‘Guarantee’ is the last straw for us.  Only found out about it through a friend and then on CC.

If MSC wants the convenience of being free to allocate cabins, then discount the price like other companies do.....

I think most posters have concluded the move to guarantee is to make way for the new, more expansive, categories from mid-November. It will probably be the case that original allocations will be reinstated.

I'm not saying it's ideal, or stress free, but it's  the MSC way for now! Every line out there are going through different times, and most posters on every board are providing similar accounts as MSC passengers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I think most posters have concluded the move to guarantee is to make way for the new, more expansive, categories from mid-November. It will probably be the case that original allocations will be reinstated.

I'm not saying it's ideal, or stress free, but it's  the MSC way for now! Every line out there are going through different times, and most posters on every board are providing similar accounts as MSC passengers. 

I agree, G.  If only MSC would communicate these things.  All they need to do is put the info on the website, explaining the reason behind the move.

I’m not holding out much hope of our H cabin being re-instated, though.  😔  Not gonna fret about it;  it’s 4 months out and who knows what’ll come up between now and then.    FWPs. 🙄😁

@Beamafarthanks for taking us along! 

I have to agree that the fish and short rib photos you posted look so unappealing. 

I am of the mind that we eat with our eyes first. 

The only plus side to below par food is I may not gain my normal “cruise pounds” on Divina in the 14th lol

1 minute ago, styles27 said:

@Beamafarthanks for taking us along! 

I have to agree that the fish and short rib photos you posted look so unappealing. 

I am of the mind that we eat with our eyes first. 

The only plus side to below par food is I may not gain my normal “cruise pounds” on Divina in the 14th lol

The food tends to be better on US sailings and am looking forward to going on Seashore Stateside to compare the offerings there with what we had last week.

I did put on a few pounds, but that was probably down to the choc nuts. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Just now, hamrag said:

Not forgetting the high end cognac and sweet port! 😉

Well, there were definitely no calories in the Veuve Cliquot.  Oh, wait a minute, it must have been those sweet peppers and fruit additions. 🤣🤣🤣

AC32310C-1CB3-494A-8DD4-494DBB92AE16.thumb.jpeg.584f48440506d6ee1d52ef1f5124fb25.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Beamafar said:

We were served doubles.  😂😂😂  Bartender couldn’t keep up with the orders, otherwise.  😱🤣🤣

I'd never heard of double champagnes until you posted that! 🥂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I can see the video and I would have been up there with them!😊

Glad to hear it. 

I would have been up there, too, if I’d had my dancing shoes (heels) on. 😁

The lounge was very quiet then as it was early in the evening.   I believe it gets very busy later on.  I hope to spend more time there next time.  Unfortunately I didn’t take a photo when it became a nightclub. 

It’s a terrific venue (think I said that, already).  It has an upper floor, a lower floor and a small mezzanine area in between, to the side of the floor.  There is an area above the stage where the band/dj plays.   We were seated at the mezzanine level when I took this:

560A0E3A-1333-4D85-8B91-D2403C87825C.jpeg.dce20931bc938317df71123dbb619c2a.jpeg

The stage is just below the singer and the band. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Speaking of the Speciality Restaurants area - it’s fantastic.  Totally different to Seaside/Seaview and far superior.

The only thing I'll miss from the Seashore/Seaside configuration was having the Specialty Restaurant cocktail lounge right outside of the YC on deck 16.  They had the best cocktails.  Oh well, third world problems!  Just have to travel a bit.

Edited by JAGR

9 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The only thing I'll miss from the Seashore/Seaside configuration was having the Specialty Restaurant cocktail lounge right outside of the YC on deck 16.  They had the best cocktails.  Oh well, third world problems!  Just have to travel a bit.

OMG - travel through steerage, J???   Oh, the horror. 😱🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Well, there were definitely no calories in the Veuve Cliquot.  Oh, wait a minute, it must have been those sweet peppers and fruit additions. 🤣🤣🤣

AC32310C-1CB3-494A-8DD4-494DBB92AE16.thumb.jpeg.584f48440506d6ee1d52ef1f5124fb25.jpeg

Is that Rich?

15 minutes ago, DFMW said:

Is that Rich?

It’s just champagne with a berry frozen in ice, with slivers of peppers.  Not exactly a cocktail as there’s nothing sweet added.  The barman just sent them over like this one night and we liked the sweet pepper flavour addition. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, Beamafar said:

I wouldn’t be writing home about the Venchi chocolate martini (with rum), though it’s very popular with a lot of posters on here.....

I no longer trust ANYTHING you say. 😉

Kidding aside, elsewhere you mentioned the frustration of having a future cruise's cabin switched to guarantee and we very much feel the same way. I'm sure we'll have a fun time on the Seashore come next January, but it really dampens our enthusiasm for MSC and will make us more likely to book with other cruise lines for future cruises. (Once we get through the 4 more cruises after the MSC Seashore: 2 on NCL (Joy and Prima), 1 on Carnival Mardi Gras, and the final a transatlantic on Virgin Voyages.)

Thanks for all your posts/info!

Edited by karmamule
  • Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 12:59 PM, Beamafar said:

Hello Bea, wondering if you can help please.

We have never upgraded to Prem+ but realise on our repo Seaview boarding next week it will be the final 'opportunity' to do so.....following our cruise it reverts to the new downgraded packages.

So, my DW enjoys champagne but is happy enough with the YC Nicolas F. We are not wine buffs, but I would try the higher end wines by the glass as well as some additional malt whiskys included with P+.

Do you have any photos of the Champagne Bar menus so that my DW could assess what might be available to her with P+ please? She's not keen to upgrade, and I am neutral, but may push the boat out on this final opportunity.....which also happens to be our retirement treat to each other! 

😂 😂

Many TIA.

18 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Hello Bea, wondering if you can help please.

We have never upgraded to Prem+ but realise on our repo Seaview boarding next week it will be the final 'opportunity' to do so.....following our cruise it reverts to the new downgraded packages.

So, my DW enjoys champagne but is happy enough with the YC Nicolas F. We are not wine buffs, but I would try the higher end wines by the glass as well as some additional malt whiskys included with P+.

Do you have any photos of the Champagne Bar menus so that my DW could assess what might be available to her with P+ please? She's not keen to upgrade, and I am neutral, but may push the boat out on this final opportunity.....which also happens to be our retirement treat to each other! 

😂 😂

Many TIA.

These are from our Meraviglia US sailing but I’m sure the offerings are similar to what’s on offer on Seaview.   I didn’t take a photo of the menu on our recent sailing as you have to scan bar codes for the menus now.  As we were only interested in Veuve, we never bothered to check out the menu. 😆

image.jpeg.c4c0574ce0c77ac562f606c9501f8a54.jpeg

image.jpeg.ed90cac594167f4936167a080dbf31a2.jpeg

1242ABAB-696C-492B-ABB7-C1B01FECF285.thumb.jpeg.a3d3f8cce4861dd631207410d4c4864f.jpeg

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

These are from our Meraviglia US sailing but I’m sure the offerings are similar to what’s on offer on Seaview. 

Bea, you truly are a star....and I just knew that star would shine when I made the request.

Thank you so much, for the Champagne Bar alone it's def a deal for DW....and it's a beautiful area to sit in on all the new ships, perfect for picking up the Atrium music offerings.

😊 😊

2 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Bea, you truly are a star....and I just knew that star would shine when I made the request.

Thank you so much, for the Champagne Bar alone it's def a deal for DW....and it's a beautiful area to sit in on all the new ships, perfect for picking up the Atrium music offerings.

😊 😊

You’re very welcome, G.  😉

You won’t regret upgrading - especially as it’ll be the only opportunity to ever experience Prem+ .   Plus, it would make a very nice retirement treat.   I’ve always felt the upgrade helped to enhance the cruise experience.   It’ll be extremely hard to revert to NF after Veuve, though (I was never fond of NF.  There’s a nicer one offered in Butcher’s Cut that’s covered for YC). 

We loved hanging out at the Champagne Bar on Seashore.  The only time we’d visited on Seaview was when DH was ill, so it was less than an enjoyable experience.  Seashore showed me just how terrific a venue it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  

• Thanks 1