Carnival Valor Live*/Solo/B2B 11/6-11/11/21 & 11/11-11/15/2021

JRL81

This place has been on so many food shows it’s unreal! They have been on Delicious destinations with Andrew Zimmer, Man vs Food, and on diners drive ins and dives if I remember correctly. Quick look into the kitchen from the doors inside and from the window outside..

F9F16242-9E55-41B1-9348-EE11EAB9772C.jpeg

65117554-006B-469A-ADB4-4ADDEC443A8D.jpeg

9161A906-D00B-459F-915F-3E2109CB6AD5.jpeg

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 3

All walks of life all ages… New Orleans is a melting pot.. just like a good pot of gumbo.. throw it all together and just meshes and works together… I’ve seen new businesses and restraints from all nationalities that I’m going to have to try sooner or later…  that weren’t here last time I was here.. Indian, Lebanese, Vietnamese… this city is a food lovers dream!

• Like 3

And the scooters.. I don’t think they are city transportation but.. there scooters everywhere!! Some electric some not and these people are a heck of a lot nicer about it than in Miami… they actually stop and yield.. I haven’t been nearly run over once!!! 😂🤣😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Another addition are the tuktuk’s.. you could always ride in a horse drawn carriage before now these little beauties are here.. I’m definitely full enough but no alcohol has been imbibed yet so I will just keep walking!

• Like 2

I’m going to head back to the hotel and rest for a bit and all the walking and the food still hasn’t settled! Definitely want to be ready for a few drinks this evening so making my way back that way..

• Like 2

I’m the only one in this four bunk room as of last night. Which is nice and the manger here remembers me from my last trip she says due to Covid  at most they would put one more but she says it looks like I will have it to myself again tonight.

Management here runs a tight ship. Someone is always cleaning, everyone is very respectful of the quiet hours and you are treated like family here. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh heck no! Seriously? This would be a very disappointing review if you don't make it to the ship.

This place is totally safe lol I have stayed here before many time! Plus I’m the only one in the room for now lol

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Do you have a key to your room?  Do you feel secure leaving your luggage there?  Is the bathroom shared?  Have never stayed at a hostel. 

Everything is by pin code. And your belongs are secure in your room I have never had an issue. The bathrooms are shared but there are many of them.  

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JRL81 said:

I’m the only one in this four bunk room as of last night. Which is nice and the manger here remembers me from my last trip she says due to Covid  at most they would put one more but she says it looks like I will have it to myself again tonight.

Management here runs a tight ship. Someone is always cleaning, everyone is very respectful of the quiet hours and you are treated like family here. 

Agree, its not my cup of tea either, but that's why I love these reviews ... seeing how other folks travel.  And I'm jealous of the money you're saving lol.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JRL81 said:

As stated when I started this review my choice of “hotel” was the city house New Orleans hostel. Love love love this place! Here are few pictures 

71E14E32-8EF2-4565-95B3-33374A55D742.jpeg

EE7E7812-7F86-419D-BFBF-A2B61017FD11.jpeg

39FDA86B-2692-4B57-9060-E441ADAC7340.jpeg

3A5CDF34-24A1-4F83-BB77-38398C0EF513.jpeg

E7DB9C22-F3C9-48DD-A2BB-0E2B8BC399E4.jpeg

EDF751FE-CE4A-454A-8597-85BB11076D22.jpeg

57534F41-A063-4272-A272-AC9541DA4AB5.jpeg

55C1769A-40C1-44CB-801E-E3E9C3B0EBFF.jpeg

No way, no how, never going to happen!
sounds like you got lucky with no roommates, but, if not, how do you secure your luggage?  And shared bath with four strangers😱

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, purpleally said:

No way, no how, never going to happen!
sounds like you got lucky with no roommates, but, if not, how do you secure your luggage?  And shared bath with four strangers😱

Each person has pretty much like a locker to secure their belongings. Also the bathrooms are exactly “public” they are like your bathrooms at home just shared in a pod of several rooms. This is common especially in Europe 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

Each person has pretty much like a locker to secure their belongings. Also the bathrooms are exactly “public” they are like your bathrooms at home just shared in a pod of several rooms. This is common especially in Europe 

Yep, when we were stationed in Belgium, we had to stay in a hotel for the first week we were there and the bathroom situation was the same thing, but the actual rooms were private, so just our family in the room.

All that matters is that this set up works for YOU and that you are enjoying YOUR vacation 🙂

• Like 6

Decided I had napped enough and now time to start movin around.. I have missed calls and messages from some friends and my old boss who live in Metairie/Harrihan who also “somewhere” that I was in New Orleans and they want to meet for dinner and a drink or two.. 

Im good with meeting up with them but I will have to do my photos on the sly and so wont be as “live” as I want to be when I’m with them for awhile! It would be rude!! 😂🤣😂 

checkin with y’all here in a bit I have an hour to get ready to meet up with them!

• Like 5