New Service SW flying out of Bellingham

Sprocket

We are cruising in December and got a great deal on FC flights on Alaska, unfortunately our Hawaii cruise portion was cancelled and we had to cancel our return flight.  We will be adding the Bellingham to SEA on Alaska since we will be able to drive across the border starting in a few weeks.  Our only option before was to fly from Vancouver.

Southwest will be flying out of Bellingham starting in November and we are considering booking our return flight with them.  Its probably been 15 years or so since I've flown with them and just wondering if Business Select is worth it?  We have to change planes in Las Vegas so would the Priority boarding number be the same for both flights?  Or should we roll the dice and just book the Wanna Get Away rate at about $90 less PP?  We are fine not sitting together btw.

"Worth it" is always such a vague question and nobody an really answer it for you personally.

You get extra points, but since you don't fly Southwest very often that's not really a perk.

You get to board first, so that may be important to you and it may not be...and sometimes it's a big advantage, but other times it's not...and if you're fine not sitting together, it doesn't seem like a big perk either. If anything, you can buy just the priority boarding - you'll board behind business select, but ahead of the regular folk. 

You get a drink onboard included in the price, but again, that may or may not be a perk for you personally. 

So, you can see how "worth it" can vary drastically from person to person based on their priorities and preferences. 

The priority boarding does work for both flights, yes. 

• Like 1

Thanks, I know its subjective and I appreciate your feedback.  We had already decided to not risk flying SW to Long Beach but will cross our fingers and hope the return flight is not canceled for whatever reason.  

Once they get rid of the $200 PCR test requirement to fly back into Canada my Vegas trips will be on!!!!