One Wifi plan with two separate rooms

cmp03

My family is split between two different rooms.  If I purchase the up to 4 devices for one room, will it allow 2 of us from one room and the other 2 from the other room to all use our phones to connected to the wifi?  Or do I have to purchase 2 separate packages, one for each room?  I'm not sure if its linked through the medallion app log in (so you would have to be logged into the app on the phone with one of the accounts from the room I purchase package for) or if you just connect through a different means.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes, is does not matter which cabin the user is in.

However all users must use the same log-on information reflecting the cabin number that the purchase was made for.

DW & I are in one cabin with Princess' Best Value package and our Niece is in a different cabin with no Wi-Fi package under the Best Price option. DW will not be using her Wi-Fi, so, would our niece be able to log onto Wi-Fi using DW's log on info?

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

DW & I are in one cabin with Princess' Best Value package and our Niece is in a different cabin with no Wi-Fi package under the Best Price option. DW will not be using her Wi-Fi, so, would our niece be able to log onto Wi-Fi using DW's log on info?

The wifi access and connection to internet is not dependent on your cabin or where you are on the ship.  Like anything land-based, it is dependent on having valid credentials to login.  Anyone you share your login with could login with their device and use your plan.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cmp03 said:

My family is split between two different rooms.  If I purchase the up to 4 devices for one room, will it allow 2 of us from one room and the other 2 from the other room to all use our phones to connected to the wifi?  Or do I have to purchase 2 separate packages, one for each room?  I'm not sure if its linked through the medallion app log in (so you would have to be logged into the app on the phone with one of the accounts from the room I purchase package for) or if you just connect through a different means.

The Medallion is not at all related to wifi/internet access.  We do what you are suggesting when sailing with our best friends.  As noted above, whoever of the four of you books the package simply shares the login credentials with the other three and no issue.

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Yes

• Thanks 1