november sailing protocols

gfargo53

28 minutes ago, rpbanks said:

CDC conditional sail Order extension is in effect until Jan 15, 2022

I was just reading about that. At least the CDC says it is a temporary extension, and after January 15 the CSO will end and transition into a voluntary program. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I was just reading about that. At least the CDC says it is a temporary extension, and after January 15 the CSO will end and transition into a voluntary program. 

Though to be fair, the CDC has been saying things are "temporary" since March of 2020... so not sure how many grains of salt I'd use for anything they say anymore.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone remember if the CSO put a limit on cruise length?  Are we ok to do 11 or 12 night sailings out of us?  

The article I saw said one of the edits in the extension was to do away with the 7 night limit. 

• Like 2

Received November Protocols from Royal yesterday.  We have booked a 4 day cruise during Thanksgiving.   Pretty much the same from previous protocol with the exception of the following paragraph -

Onboard:  Unvaccinated guests ages 2-11 will take a complimentary antigen test prior to debark.  Depending on sailing length, there may be additional testing.

On Royal’s website, the “Prior to Disembarking” paragraph under View Healthy Sail Center distinctly states “For cruises that are 5 nights or longer, kids will take a complimentary antigen test onboard before cruise ends.”

The November protocol statement is rather ambiguous in my opinion.  Yet, Royal’s website distinctly states 5 nights or longer will require a test prior to disembarking.

I’m hoping those of you reading this will interpret the November protocol statement as vague and poorly worded. The website’s statement would require only one test at embarkation for a 4 day cruise.

Thanks for your interpretation,

CJ