What's the actual impact of the continuation of Conditional Cruising

Playin Pickleball

I read through the CDC pdf that describes this continuation (found in the other post on this topic) but I'm unable to understand what it means for the cruise I have booked. I have a back-to-back Panama Canal cruise starting Jan. 2. We'd already been notified that instead of 95% vaccination rate for guests, it's now 100% vaccination rate.

It looks like the ship we're going to sail on (Zuiderdam) is in the Green (CDC's color coding system), but does this extension cancel that cruise somehow?

9 hours ago, Playin Pickleball said:

I read through the CDC pdf that describes this continuation (found in the other post on this topic) but I'm unable to understand what it means for the cruise I have booked. I have a back-to-back Panama Canal cruise starting Jan. 2. We'd already been notified that instead of 95% vaccination rate for guests, it's now 100% vaccination rate.

It looks like the ship we're going to sail on (Zuiderdam) is in the Green (CDC's color coding system), but does this extension cancel that cruise somehow?

No, it doesn't cancel it. It just means it will operate under the CSO. The CSO has been updated some, however. The Zuiderdam hasn't sailed yet with pax.

I am not aware HAL ever operated under the 95% rule, did they? I thought they always were 100% vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I am not aware HAL ever operated under the 95% rule, did they? I thought they always were 100% vaccinated

Correct.  All the sailings have been 100% vaccinated.

I would not expect much change. Cruiselines could drop the vaccination requirements without having to do test cruises, but that would mean stricter masking and distancing requirement so I expect most will stay with their current approach.

As far as when it goes voluntary, keep in mind that the entire vessel sanitation program that the cruise lines have been part of for years is and has also been voluntary.

• Like 1