Royal Caribbean Sailing From Ravenna

artvlay

Now that Royal is using Ravenna in place of Venice how much on time are they?

My cruise next year on Brilliance is set to arrive at 6:45 on Sunday.  My flight from Bologna is at 11:40, if I have a taxi take me onvthe hour ride, should i make it? I'm also D+ so I should be able to get off fast.

3 hours ago, artvlay said:

My cruise next year on Brilliance is set to arrive at 6:45 on Sunday.  My flight from Bologna is at 11:40, if I have a taxi take me onvthe hour ride, should i make it? I'm also D+ so I should be able to get off fast.

Do you fear they are delayed due to traffic in the port or what? Small port and city, much easier than Venice from that point of view, no issue with 11.40 Bologna but they still have to start sailing from Ravenna.

6 hours ago, artvlay said:

My cruise next year on Brilliance is set to arrive at 6:45 on Sunday.  My flight from Bologna is at 11:40, if I have a taxi take me onvthe hour ride, should i make it?

Sure, but until she starts sailing and there’s some feedback on disembarkation, you won’t know for sure. 

UMM, D+ doesn't determine if you need to get off first or not, for an flight.  Just you flight numbers and you will get an early number to get off.  I would personally never take an international flight before 12:00 and would look for later.  Had way too many things to slow me down in an airport to ever take the chance.

10 hours ago, artvlay said:

I think you'll have to wait for reports to see how disembarkation is.  I'd caution that your estimate of one hour for the ride is unrealistic.  It's at least 1:15 from the port in average traffic.  That said, if you get off by 8:30, I think you'll be fine (BLQ isn't a giant airport).

10 hours ago, artvlay said:

Speaking from experience, traffic between Ravenna and Bologna can be very bad.  Your ship may arrive at 6:45 am, that doesn't mean you'll be able to disembark at that time.  We would definitely consider a later flight.

I would be grateful if any of you have any information on when Brilliance of the Seas, will sail to Europe for next year's cruise season in the Mediterranean.

The background to my question, is that my Transatlantic cruise to Europe with Brilliance of the Seas, from Tampa April 25, 2022 - earlier has been canceled. And unfortunately, I am now worried that my Mediterranean cruise with Brilliance of the Seas, in September 2022 from Ravenna, also will be canceled later.

(I have previously sent a request to RCG, if they can confirm that my September cruise from Ravenna will sail as planned, but have so far not received any response).