I.T. Issues Unacceptable!

Sheila127

Having never cruised with P and O before, unlikely to ever book with them again due to their I.T. issues.  Have never experienced such issues before with anyone else. Issues being:

Unable to enter Credit Card Details so had to 

enter Debit Card details to enable check in

Email to check in but can't

Differing embarkation times on E Ticket and       Boarding Passes

No replies to emails

Unable to cancel excursions

Numerous emails advising changes to 

Excursions but the before and after 

read the same!

Signed in to my cruise but then having to sign in again!

These issues have created a lot of frustration and added to an already difficult situation due to Covid!

Interested in other people's thoughts on this significant problem!

Welcome to the world of P&O and their totally incompetent IT department this is nothing new and there is always an issue either with the website or check in, payment of balance of cruise if book direct and many others. They should sack all IT department and employ a few school leavers who would do a far better job.

• Like 5

I wanted a couple of spare luggage labels and noticed after yesterday's text email that the eticket had reverted back to its correct time matching boarding ticket as original print outs.So maybe they have fixed it ? 

I really don't understand why P&O's IT has been so bad for so long. I believe the online booking engine was an 'off the peg' product purchased several years ago which maybe explains why it is cumbersome but not why they seem to have repeated glitches.

Fortunately, I book through a travel agent and don't book many excursions before boarding. Also, as I haven't had any recent cruises, I haven't had to use the online check-in yet...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We've used the on line check in.  No issues at all.  Maybe we were just lucky.

I think one of the issues is if your cabin hasn't been allocated.  Also would be interested to know if you tried to enter Credit Card Details.  We were unable to! Had to enter Debit Card details to be able to check in!

On the IT front, sadly P and O barely even flirts with competence. There are tiny moments where something seems to work and then………….Truly dreadful a lot of the time and yes, so frustrating. They have other strengths but IT is not one of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

I think one of the issues is if your cabin hasn't been allocated.  Also would be interested to know if you tried to enter Credit Card Details.  We were unable to! Had to enter Debit Card details to be able to check in!

Our cabin had already been allocated when we checked.  We entered credit card details which were accepted.

I've had a lot of problems trying to print my Luggage Labels & My E-Tickets.  All but given up.

In the end I logged out of the P&O website, and then logged in using a different browser.  Amazingly this worked!  

Edited by Mrk2868

8 hours ago, bbtablet said:

That's a good tip.

What was the browser that worked? Was it Chrome?

I have heard others say that Chrome works.

Yes it does seem to be browser dependent. Still Won’t work on my iPad (uses Safari) or my PC using Firefox,  but did work on my PC using Opera.  

So yes give Chrome a try.  I would hope it works with Chrome as I believe it’s the most commonly used browser.  Given P&O IT this is not guaranteed!  Tell us how you get on. 

Edited by Mrk2868

We always use a Travel Agent and as our friend doesn't do computers at all, the TA sends her everything.  There must be loads of people over a certain age who are the same and therefore do not do online checkin, but wait until they are at the port.  I happen to be of the same certain age, but am computer literate.

We never book excursions so don't have that problem.

5 minutes ago, Sheila127 said:

At the time of booking we were told we could only get off the ship if we booked P and O excursions.  I believed this policy changed in September but we thought we would leave bookings in place as the situation is so precarious!

There is no problem cancelling or booking onboard they will refund or debit your account. Go to the excursions desk if you want to change anything usually opens on second day.