Medallion accessories

Arubababe52

If I choose to not purchase accessories ahead of time, can I buy it onboard?  I was thinking of getting a watch and for myself, but you pay shipping costs unless you kick up at the port.  Of course, now I can’t get back on that page, it just says “loading”!!!!  Taking the Regal Princess on November 24th for the 5 day Thanksgiving cruise.  Really looking forward to it. 

34 minutes ago, Arubababe52 said:If I choose to not purchase accessories ahead of time, can I buy it onboard?  I was thinking of getting a watch and for myself, but you pay shipping costs unless you kick up at the port.  Of course, now I can’t get back on that page, it just says “loading”!!!!  Taking the Regal Princess on November 24th for the 5 day Thanksgiving cruise.  Really looking forward to it. 

We are on that cruise also. I can’t wait!

On 10/31/2021 at 6:13 AM, JF - retired RRT said:
On 10/31/2021 at 5:55 AM, Potstech said:

Yes you can.

Plus, you can use OBC...it's a win/win

And you don't pay shipping fees!!! Win / win / win

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, Mary Ann 2 said:

Nice area onboard to chose accessories, but they cost more on the ship than if you order ahead of time!

I ordered mine from the app. I read somewhere on Cruise Critic the price onboard during the restart this summer. I compared the price with shipping and determined it would be cheaper to buy before boarding. I don’t remember the specifics but do remember doing the math.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ordered one online to be at the port when I got there. Why pay for shipping and the waste of shipping containers and travel. (yes I got the eco-friendly option so I was thinking of these things). Then I thought, with Medallion Class I shouldn’t have to stop and check in. So now I have to stop just to get my accessory!?!  I couldn’t change my order so I ordered a second one and had it delivered to my home. I’m just going to walk on the ship and leave the first one for them to reuse. If I have to check in and I get it, I’ll have two in case I lose it between cruises.   We don’t need to check in anymore, right. Am I thinking of this correctly?  It was just a clip so not a lot of money. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I ordered one online to be at the port when I got there. Why pay for shipping and the waste of shipping containers and travel. (yes I got the eco-friendly option so I was thinking of these things). Then I thought, with Medallion Class I shouldn’t have to stop and check in. So now I have to stop just to get my accessory!?!  I couldn’t change my order so I ordered a second one and had it delivered to my home. I’m just going to walk on the ship and leave the first one for them to reuse. If I have to check in and I get it, I’ll have two in case I lose it between cruises.   We don’t need to check in anymore, right. Am I thinking of this correctly?  It was just a clip so not a lot of money. 

I’m Canadian and the only option they give us is to pick up at port. While the medallion app eliminates the long tedious boarding process, there is still a short process where they check your QR code and give you any medallions and accessories they may have for you. 

4 hours ago, coopco said:

I ordered mine from the app. I read somewhere on Cruise Critic the price onboard during the restart this summer. I compared the price with shipping and determined it would be cheaper to buy before boarding. I don’t remember the specifics but do remember doing the math.

There is a difference in price. The wrist band for an example is $10 on the app and $12 onboard. And the bracelet is $45 on the app and $54 onboard. I’m only sure about those prices because those are the specific accessories I purchased on the app. I selected pick up at port and there’s $0 for shipping when you choose that option.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jenndisney said:

We are doing the ruins and lunch with a Mayan family. We are not beach people. Have you joined the rollcall for our sailing?

I did this excursion before and it’s really good. The Mayan family had a bunch of hand embroidered things for sale and little items carved from wood and other handcrafts that I couldn’t resist. They were so nice.

9 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

No, you do have to check in.  They have to check your passport, vaccination record, negative COVID test, and be sure that you did the health questionnaire within the time frame requested.  It's fast, but there may be a line to do this and it does take at least 5-10 minutes.  Green Lane just gets you into the correct lane, not the ability to just walk on the ship.

16 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

No, you do have to check in.  They have to check your passport, vaccination record, negative COVID test, and be sure that you did the health questionnaire within the time frame requested.  It's fast, but there may be a line to do this and it does take at least 5-10 minutes.  Green Lane just gets you into the correct lane, not the ability to just walk on the ship.

Thanks!