RedneckBob live report from Equinox 10/29/21

RedneckBob

29 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

Back when we were frequent cruisers, we found some of the ships were very chilly in the common areas.  We remember freezing on the Edge.  That being said, how is the Equinox especially in the evening.  Would be good to know from a clothes packing standpoint.  Thanks.  

Common areas very chilly. I believe it is due to lack of people on board.

14 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Update to Deck 6 analysis. I had prior reported that it appeared that all of Deck 6 was being used as a quarantee for the crew. After careful analysis and a thorough walkthrough I would estimate 59.54% of the cabin on Deck 6 are being used. 

When I was aboard last month 6 was being used for the 2 week quarantine of new crew members.   Near the end of my cruise many of the staff that had been in solo rooms were being moved back to shared rooms as they began to increase both crew and passenger loads.  

When I walked deck 6 there were cocktail tables outside the rooms used for quarantine (about 1/3 of deck 6).  At that time there were passengers on deck 6.

4 hours ago, durangokid said:

If I may ask, how long ago did you receive notice of the change and what were the cabin numbers you were in on deck 6?  My app and the Celebrity website still show currently same cabin we booked. TIA

Mary

We were in 6173 and they were in 6177.  I randomly checked the app on Sunday, Oct. 24 and our cabins had been moved.  I don't know when it happened exactly... but that is when I noticed.  Celebrity moved us to a cabin on deck 10 that was pretty far forward and I have some motion sickness issues so I called to request that they move us more midship.  Thankfully they did and now we're really happy with our cabin.

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I was aboard last month 6 was being used for the 2 week quarantine of new crew members.   Near the end of my cruise many of the staff that had been in solo rooms were being moved back to shared rooms as they began to increase both crew and passenger loads.  

When I walked deck 6 there were cocktail tables outside the rooms used for quarantine (about 1/3 of deck 6).  At that time there were passengers on deck 6.

Correct about cocktail tables. When I walked Deck 6 you would see several handwritten notes on the tables such as “bring more rice” or bring more chicken and rice”.

9 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Will do the water taxi to Kleine Bonaire on my own

Maybe you already knew this:

“It is also possible to jump off the water taxi behind the beautiful riff that is around Klein Bonaire. You put your gear on the beach, get back on the water taxi and the captain drops you off along the reef on his way back. You will snorkel back for yourself to No Name Beach in around 30 to 40 minutes. All you have to do is ask the captain to drop you off (this is included in the price of the water taxi ticket).”

https://www.watertaxikleinbonaire.com/

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Maybe you already knew this:

“It is also possible to jump off the water taxi behind the beautiful riff that is around Klein Bonaire. You put your gear on the beach, get back on the water taxi and the captain drops you off along the reef on his way back. You will snorkel back for yourself to No Name Beach in around 30 to 40 minutes. All you have to do is ask the captain to drop you off (this is included in the price of the water taxi ticket).”

https://www.watertaxikleinbonaire.com/

Thanks. I am headed to water taxi pickup in 30 minutes

Hello Bob - 

We will be onboard 11/19 and were wondering if they are offering the specialty dining packages (i.e. 3 nights for $129pp and 4 nights for $149pp) onboard?  Or if they are just available pre-cruise?  We have some OBC from our TA that won't be available until we board.

If you happen to be at one of the specialties and could inquire, it would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, megfla said:

Hello Bob - 

We will be onboard 11/19 and were wondering if they are offering the specialty dining packages (i.e. 3 nights for $129pp and 4 nights for $149pp) onboard?  Or if they are just available pre-cruise?  We have some OBC from our TA that won't be available until we board.

If you happen to be at one of the specialties and could inquire, it would be much appreciated!

Once on board Celebrity was offering dining packages from 3 to 9 nites

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Correct about cocktail tables. When I walked Deck 6 you would see several handwritten notes on the tables such as “bring more rice” or bring more chicken and rice”.

Speaking to some crew that had come out of Quarantine said that Celebrity was good at getting them the foods they requested.  

If I recall correctly most of the cabins were forward on Deck 6.    I would suspect that after they new team members are out of quarantine they will open up the rooms again.  I noticed they were really good about sanitation.     I saws them using those foggers  on a couple rooms.    They were also using it on the Tenders after each one returned to the ship.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, megfla said:

Hello Bob - 

Yes, on embarkation day, there was a special dining desk right there as soon as you board the ship, also desks were by the buffet entrance most times I went…I’m unsure if there were additional desks, elsewhere…I would imagine you can buy it by calling reservations from your stateroom phone, I don’t know that for sure

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

29 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

So Dear Redneck, have you eaten anything magnificent and memorable in the main DR?  

Plant based burger in Blu 😩

Nothing that float my boat. DW had rack of lamb that she said was best ever. I did had a filet that was very good. Last two nites we have eaten in Oceanview Cafe; did not like anything on MDR or Blu menu. Today seems to be the same. Very very few are dining in Oceanview for dinner and selections are very good.

• Thanks 1

One interesting thing about Oceanview Cafe. All items are served to you except; when you go to salad bar you let the server know what you wish to have and after it is completed the server gives you the salad bowl. Then you self serve the salad dressings in the typical containers. Now how is that sanitary.

• Haha 1

Another great snorkeling adventure in Bonaire at Kleine Bonaire. Took water taxi to island, $20 per person, Celebrity charged $35 per person and cancelled the taxi two days ago. Drift snorkeled for 40 minutes; incredible reef/fish experience in clearest waters in the world.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

One interesting thing about Oceanview Cafe. All items are served to you except; when you go to salad bar you let the server know what you wish to have and after it is completed the server gives you the salad bowl. Then you self serve the salad dressings in the typical containers. Now how is that sanitary.

Now that is crazy..the dressing part.  When will they learn? We recall that Buffet tongs always made us cringe.  

4 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Once again I wish to report that this Celebrity cruise has had the most friendly staff and best wait staff on any of our cruises during the past 45 years!

Dear RB.  We are elite plus...have there been any wine tastings or special activities for E or E+??  What about high tea..or low tea.. 😋

4 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

Dear RB.  We are elite plus...have there been any wine tastings or special activities for E or E+??  What about high tea..or low tea.. 😋

Yes, I did see wine testing on an early sea day. As far as high tea or low tea; I do not know. I do not follow daily programs or special events. In fact I do not know my cabin number until I board the ship. Kinda lay back RNB

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

It’s a head scratcher; seems all food is served and all condiments are self served.  Wonder (rhetorically) if they’re going full self serve once they’re sailing full?

49 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

In Bonaire, once you are off the ship, local Bonaire security requires proof of vaccine with the vax card.

The enforcer you mention, who’s in the outbound canopy/tent maybe 200’-300’ from the ship gangway also requires a mask to leave yet once past the canopy, no more masks enforcers

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It’s a head scratcher; seems all food is served and all condiments are self served.  Wonder (rhetorically) if they’re going full self serve once they’re sailing full?

I hope not.  I think most passengers prefer to be served in the Oceanview Cafe.  It eliminates some of the inconsiderate and unsanitary habits of other cruisers.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 1